All reviews arne jacobsen original design tivoli gardens manager brian the entire hotel staff housekeeping issues mid century scandinavian tour corner suite beautiful lobby turn down service hanging space front office fabulous hotel five star hotel tourist information amusement park
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Collection
Brian G, General Manager at Radisson Collection Royal Hotel, Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Collection
Brian G, General Manager at Radisson Collection Royal Hotel, Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Excellent location - right across from Tivoli Amusement Park....which is a must see!
Breakfast was a real delight - huge range and also a menu available if nothing takes your fancy! Great coffee!
We stayed here for four days before our onward journey to Amsterdam to join a cruise. I have to say this property was a highlight....and it was just the beginning of our travels.
The hop on hop off buses are right out front....very handy if you want to 'get your bearings' .
We had a Junior Suite which had a fantastic view of the surrounds and plenty of space for two. Bathroom was a good size with a separate dressing area. Egg chairs surprisingly comfortable !!!! :)
Great housekeeping....fresh still water and sparkling water supplied daily. And the mini bar was topped up.
We are keeping this property in mind for our next visit to Copenhagen. Loved our stay here!

Room tip: Choose a room with a great view - Junior Suite for us was perfect Ask for Junior Suite! You won't be disappointed!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Outriggernz,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to have reviewed your recent time as our guests.
It seems our teams managed to deliver you an exceptional stay throughout while you were with us.
I can only be proud to read that we were a highlight of your recent trip. Thank you very much for your very kind words.
Your review will motivate everyone in our team to keep delivering that exceptional service you experienced while you were with us.
It seems that a new Arne Jacobsen fan is born, the egg chair is indeed very cozy and comfortable to sit in.
On behalf of everyone here I would like to thank you for having made us your hotel of choice while you were in Copenhagen.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Copenhagen.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Perfectly located near the main central station and close to the Tivoli Amusement Park as well as the central parts of Copenhagen with both Rådhustorget and Ströget nearby. A classic design hotel with preserved elegance, continental atmosphere and maintained quality, both in service and environment. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a top suite on the top floor and could hardly feel disappointed; Stunning views of the entire city and delicious 50s design in the room. Some of the hotel's most classical decor has naturally disappeared over the years, but surprisingly much is preserved. Breakfast, housekeeping, reception service and general amenities are absolutely unresolved - all the best to say about this hotel and would love to stay here again (when wallet allows)!

Date of stay: February 2018

Dear Thomas J,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to have reviewed your recent visit to our hotel.
It seems we could say goodbye to you as a very happy guest and I am very pleased to read it.
We just finished a total renovation of all of our rooms and guest spaces and it seems you like the result just as much as we do. Preserved elegance is a very nice way to describe it, thank you for that!
The views from our top floors are indeed something extremely special. Our guests often describe it as looking at a living painting of the city of Copenhagen, it never gets boring.
Our teams will be very glad to hear about your kind words about all of the services we provided you as our guest, thank you for your nice words.
Thank you for your recent stay with us, we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

I went to the hotel back in June to celebrate my mother’s birthday. A wonderful time in Copenhagen was matched, or indeed made by, staying in this fantastic hotel.
The building exterior is “dated” (or for those interested - a Scandinavian design classic) but it is more the interior and the location that made me originally book this hotel. The publicity photos don’t do the reception justice and as other commenters have mentioned, it is surprisingly calming with a charming foyer bar.

Location wise you are a stone’s throw from the central station (easy route to airport) and Tivoli Gardens (which even if you are not intending to go on any of the amusement rides really is a magical must see). Our room had a fantastic view over the city and gardens.

Copenhagen is a pretty compact, linear city and being near the town hall the hotel’s locations means it is an easy walk to the historic parts of town, museums and main tourist attractions for those with children or less able relatives. Copenhagen I found was a walking - or if a local – cycling city so choosing the right location is key.

Yes the hotel is expensive – ALL hotels in Copenhagen are. Tourists should come knowing it’s a city for ‘deep pockets’. Yes hotel rooms in this city are smaller than you would find in a typical British hotel. ‘Context is king’. Our room was quiet, spotless and had simple, yet elegant modern design. I cannot fault the housekeeping, and they checked us in a little early. Breakfast was excellent, a good selection and of clear quality – it was popular and again the service was attentive, rising to meet demand.

Indeed I found all the staff were friendly and approachable, however my thanks in particular would go to both Thomas and Brian who made our stay so very memorable. You honestly made my mother’s year with your thoughtfulness – so far beyond “service” that we were genuinely moved.

Visiting your city with its history, attractions and excellent restaurants was great and staying at your hotel really has been an experience I will remember all my life. I will come back to Copenhagen and when I do I will stay here… but more than that… I travel a bit and in the past I have not particularly been discerning about which hotel ‘brand’ I have stayed at, but for a forthcoming trip to Sweden, I’ve booked a Radisson. ‘Context remains king’ but I hope the hotel has just as dedicated a team as I experienced at the Radisson Blue Royal.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to have reviewed your recent stay with us in Copenhagen.
There are some stays that stay with you for quite a while and the visit of yourself and your mother are one of them.
It all started when we got that extremely nice hand written letter of your mother letting us know she was so looking forward to her visit.
The letter was so touching and nice that we just had to pull out all the stops in order to repay such genuine kindness shown by her.
It was an absolute delight to see the smiling face on your mother when we could welcome you as our guests.
Every time we crossed paths while you were with us we could see just how much your mother was enjoying the stay and it was heartwarming to just be in your company. Your mother managed to really find a spot in all of our hearts from the moment you stepped up to reception. It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guests and it was a pleasure and honour to be a part of your mother's birthday trip. I am extremely proud to read that we managed to make your stay memorable, it was just as memorable for us to have you as our guests. On behalf of all of us here I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay. We are all very much looking forward to your next visit. We agreed that in 5 years we would do it all over again for the next birthday celebration and we are already extremely looking forward to the day you will come back for another stay again.
Enjoy your trip to Sweden!