“Great location.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights. Good and warm room, great shower and excellent location made it a good overall experience. Also the breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jonass
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Jonass,

Thanks for your very fine review, glad you liked staying with us!

Johan Åséll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Tampere
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed here now for the second time, but my first must have been during summer time as I did not recall the harrowing darkness of the rooms! The room is very tidy, nice and stylish, the bathroom beautiful (although for us long haired travellers a if minus for lack of hair conditioner!) BUT the lighting was just awful. It was not just the usual lack of a ceiling light, which annoys me in all hotels, but the three smaller lamps were just so inadequate that working was made utterly impossible. I tried to use the table lamp and had to keep movin it to see what was written in my papers! Finally it got so dark that I had to stop working, which really annoyed me as it was a work trip. It was so dark that I couldn't find my clothes from my suitcase or my toiletries, unless I dragged them to the light. Awful!! I'm all for design, but this was a joke. I phoned the front desk about this and they said they could bring another lamp for me for next day. Didn't happen.

Then in the morning I went to visit the gym, which turned out to be a building site. There were drills lying on the floor, the treadmill broke (!!) in the middle of my excercise (the emergy stop button came off) and it was full of grubble and sand. And there was no TV, not even a clock so I could know the time. Had to resort to the free weights, which were ok. Naturally, the bike did not work. At all.

Overall, very disappointing. I even recommended the hotel to my boss - thank god he doesn't excercise!

The breakfast was very good though. That helps.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank observatrice
Dear Observatrice,

Thank you very much for taking time writing your review.

I am sorry that your second stay not lived up to your first and I will try to find out about the light issue. I know we haven’t the best lighting in the room, but it should not at all be the way you describe.
Our gym has undergone some major renovation due to being flooded earlier last year, and the gym should still have been closed here. It is now ready and in the best of shape, but I am truly sorry for your experience.

Glad that you at least enjoyed the breakfast!

Johan Åséll

Travellers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed here twice in the beginning of 2012 for a total of 6 nights. The junior suite we got (room 112) was perfect for a stay with 2 small children. The best was, though, the staff. Very friendly, helpful and nice in all ways. A bonus was the good food from the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tomas E
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Tomas E,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so happy to here that you and the family had a great stay!

stockholm,sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed at Scandic Front with family and relatives on a very cold winter weekend in January. I had noticed the hotel and it's location already the summer before, hanging out by the City Theater just in front of the hotel, and when it was time for a family trip I was happy to see the hotel had a great deal- 1000 DKK per night for a superiour room, It's a weekend price. Altogether we booked 3 rooms; one superiour and two regular rooms. Me and my husband travelled with our son, so we chose for a superiour room, which was well worth the extra krona's it cost. The extra bed didn't take make the room feel less spacious. My sister-in-law travelled with two children and chose for a regular room. In her room the extra bed made the room feel very cramped and she couldn't use the wardrobe as there was no space left to open it. She had the room next to the elevator, and for some reason her firniture looked more worn out and the room didn't feel half as luxorious as ours. My mother-in-law and her friend had a regular room too, but they didn't have any extra bed and their room had a very nice and warm rust-coloured interiour.All the bathrooms looked the same: small but very clean, nice heated cobble stone floor, built-in "rain" shower, plenty of space to spread your own stuff, enough towels for everyone.
I had already chosen for the location, and I knew there was a street running diagonally to Kongens Nytorv and the "nicer" part of Ströget, with Magasin and Illum. I also like the small streets around Grönnegade. It took five minutes to walk to Amalienborg. The immidiate surrounding is quite fancy and but you can still find cheap pizzas or take-away thai on the small streets leading from Nyhavn.
The icy cold did make us spend far more time at the hotel than we had originally planned, and this is where the homy feel of the hotel really got to matter. The lounge area feels like a second livingroom, you can easily sit and hang out there without feeling out of place. The people at the desk were really friendly and accomodating. One planned thing was to have an evening in with the boys while other family members went to a fancy dinner. I had planned to use the gym but it was closed as it was complety reniewed. So I suggested to the desk personnel that we could get free access to the pay-channels that showed films on tv as "compensation" and that was absolutely no problem. I had a great evening with the boys watching films until late!
We all stayed two nights and had two breakfast buffées which we all enjoyed very much. I have to agree with a previous poster that meat should be kept in a seperate warmer than egg and tomatoes, being a vegetarian I am very sensitive to all meaty oudeurs and flavours. But there were other sorts of egg, and really plenty enought to choose from to make anyone happy. As mentioned before-freshly made orange juice, ripe melons and ananas, just priceless!
All-in-all we were all very content with the hotel and I would't hesitate to book it again or to recommend it to anyone visiting Copenhagen.

Room Tip: Take a superiour room if you are more than 2. Avoid the room next to the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank glam1
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear glam1,

Thank you very much for the review. I am happy that you had a nice stay and enjoyed the homey feeling we have tried to create.
The regular size rooms will for sure get a bit cramped with an extra bed, and we are working our self’s through the property to fix some wear and tear issues.

Thanks again for taking the time writing about your stay!

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We spent two nights at the Scandic Front at the end of January during a weekend break.

Firstly, location: we found the hotel easy to reach- a 15 minute metro ride from the airport to Kongens Nytorv and then an easy 7-10 minute walk towards Nyhavn. We found all of the city's main visitor sights and attractions to be within fairly easy walking distance.

The hotel itself is modern and stylish with a young and friendly staff. We were warmly greeted on arrival and our superior-class room was ready ahead of standard check-in time.

The room was quite spacious, though the L-shape made for a slightly odd layout. The bed was large and extremely comfortable. There were a few small signs of general wear and tear with the odd scuff on paintwork or furniture though this was not immediately noticeable. While small, the bathroom was good, especially the underfloor heating and the hot, powerful shower. As other reviewers have commented, the room could have done with a bit more lighting, especially in the sitting/dressing area. Also, as a good 4-star hotel I was somewhat surprised that there were no tea/coffee facilities in the room, though the complimentary wifi was a nice benefit.

Breakfast at the Scandic Front was excellent- a great buffet selection of hot and cold food. The freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious.

We didn't have an evening meal at the hotel; on our second night we went to the Admiral Hotel right next door to the Scandic Front and had a very good meal in the well-regarded restaurant- Salt.

All in all I thought this was a good hotel that provided very good value for money. We got a promotional rate of 1,000DKK per night B&B which, in a city as expensive as Copenhagen, felt like a bargain.

Room Tip: We had superior room 218. While spacious, the view was poor- over the bins and the car park of the h...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cherylanddavid2006
Dear cherylanddavid2006,

Thank you for taking the time writing this nice review. Glad that you had a nice stay and that you appreciated our service and found value for money.
We are currently working our self from room to room to maintain and fix the "small" wear and tear issues.

Thanks again for your review!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I came across this hotel as a recommendation from a client. Scandic's generally to me mean, 'low average', OK enough to not refuse to stay there but not good enough to enjoy it.

This Scandic is completely refereshing. The location is great, the rooms are modern (some of them really impressive) and clean, the bar downstairs is actually an enjoyable place to spend time.

The thing that makes this hotel excellent though are the staff, a bunch of young people who seem to really enjoy working here. Ever helpful, always cheerful and invariably knowledgable.

There should be more Scandic's like this!

Room Tip: 5th floor!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank J0nny_Gray
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear JOnny_Gray,

Thanks for your kind review it fills us with more energy, happy to here you had a great stay with us!

Johan Åsell
Wroclaw
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

The staff was extremely helpful and each always had a smile. The location was central to anything on the Copenhagen visitors. Room was warm and clean. Wifi was included in the price, and the buffet breakfast was excellent! No tea making facilites provided in the room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Pawel_WRO
Dear Pawel_EPWR,

Thanks for your review and so happy that you found the team helpfull and smiling!

Johan Åsell