All reviews sea restaurant great location kiin kiin converted warehouse wood beams copenhagen street food upgraded to a junior suite wonderful hotel water view canal view bottle of champagne the hotel staff fantastic stay breakfast was delicious quiet at night restaurants and bars lovely room
Reviewed June 6, 2017

After laboring for days over which hotel to stay in for our first visit to Copenhagen I cannot have been more pleased with our choice. This hotel is tops for location with easy access to Christiana across the bike/pedestrian bridge and easy escape back routes to avoid the crowds on the Nyhavn pier to access the rest of the city. In this case the rooms are better than the lobby - make sure you book executive rooms which equal rooms in the newly renovated side of the hotel. The rooms are extremely spacious by any standard with a charming loft feel that is perfectly Danish in clean design aesthetic. The beds were top notch with even better linens and everything was immaculately clean. Lastly the staff was wonderfully courteous and helpful and the onsite bike rentals make exploring this wonderful city a breeze. Highly, highly recommend on all points. (Oh and you are positioned right on the harbor so the views can't be beat)

Room tip: Book "executive room" class which will guarantee rooms in the newer renovated half of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
71NyhavnHotel, Guest Relations Manager at 71 Nyhavn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your very kind review and recommendation.

We are also very glad that you choose to stay with us on your first visit to wonderful Copenhagen.

I am happy to read that you got the best of our central location on the waterfront. Thank you also for your kind words on the staff.

For other readers I can add that the rooms you helpfully describe are the Executive Deluxe View rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in June to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service from the hotel reception is fantastic. Everyone is helpful and friendly. The breakfast included in the price was lovely and the hotel is well positioned and stylish. It is such a shame that the bed was extraordinarily uncomfortable. I will never stay here again. I complained after the first night and requested a different pillow after only a few hours sleep the night before. I actually slept on the floor for part of the night as the bed was hurting my back. The 2nd night was the same. I then pulled back the sheet to look at the mattress in the morning . I wish I had done this on the first night as it became completely obvious why my husband and I had terrible back pain after 2 nights of sleeping in this bed. There was no mattress! Just 2 thin ( about 4cm deep) padded cushions laid on top of the divan base. Avoid room 129 unless you want back pain !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
71NyhavnHotel, Guest Relations Manager at 71 Nyhavn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and thank you also for your kind words on the staff.

I am very sorry that did not find our beds comfortable, and that they were such a misfit for you that they even resulted in back pain. Our main product is a good night’s sleep, and we do everything we can to deliver this.

I just want to explain that the bed setup we have at the hotel is very much the norm, at least in Scandinavia. Our beds in the Executive category are comprised of a cushioned spring-mattress about 25 cm thick, on top of which we have what we call a top-mattress – a thinner cushioned mattress of about 4 cm thickness.

I hope to welcome you another time soon as I am sure we can find a bed that suits you.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

We wished we had stayed somewhere else in Copenhagen. This hotel on the surface looks cute - like an IKEA showroom, but it has zero functionality. We paid the equivalent of $470 USD for our night. Our view was dirty pipes wrapped in barbed wire that ran in front of our window. We couldn't even see the sky - it was like a prison. The room was tiny. I've stayed in hotels and lofts all over the US and Europe. I've been on many cruises. I've even lived in a college dorm, but I've never been in a space so small and poorly designed. There were two of us and we could hardly move around in the room. If one of us was standing the other couldn't move. We finally just closed our suitcases, gave up and left the room much earlier than planned because we couldn't stand the dark and cramped cave another minute longer. The elevator was much too small - and there was only one. We couldn't both ride in it with our luggage. There is no luggage porter, so don't expect any help with your luggage. You will have to take it down several steep stairs and thru the bar to get it to the room elevator. This hotel seems to have been designed by someone who never travels and has not stayed in many hotel rooms. The breakfast area was also cramped and crowded. To the point that we did not get to have breakfast. The unwelcoming "host" in the breakfast area was a huge turnoff. If you are traveling with a small backpack and don't mind spending a lot of money for a room the size of a small closet, this is the place for you!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jennifermZ3892NI

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I regret that we were unable to have this dialogue and sort the matter while you were here with us. I respect your opinion and observations, and understand that I cannot change this at this point. I do however want to clarify a few things, also for the interest of other readers.

If you book a room in any of the ‘View’ categories, you are guaranteed a room with an unobstructed view of the harbor. If your room is not in the ‘View’ categories it will face the ally that separates our two buildings. From the lowest floor there are some pipes visible on the roof below. If these are in any way influencing the quality of your stay, the front desk staff will always do their very best to relocate you, and find the right room for you.

Being a converted warehouse originally from 1804 our rooms are not large but full of charm and character. This also means that to one half of the hotel, you need to go down five steps. All members of staff will always be more than happy to help with your luggage.

Our breakfast restaurant is limited to 80 seats plus an additional 60 outside on the harbor front when the weather permits. This does mean that the restaurant can get quite busy at peak hours. However the breakfast staff do everything they can to manage the seating and ensure quick turnarounds. Our breakfast host is a lovely and welcoming young lady who is very committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcome and is seated as fast as possible. If you should ever experience anything else, please inform us immediately so that we can solve what is undoubtedly an unfortunate misunderstanding.

We are all here with the sole purpose of ensuring that our guests have a great and memorable time with us, and look forward to doing so many more times for you and many other guests.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

Just recently stayed here, I had a corner sweet with views of the canal and open water. It was so unbelievable, I travel to Copenhagen many times a year and have stayed everywhere, this is the place! The staff couldn't be any nicer.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Visited in April. Perfect location, great design, lovely and helpful staff, wonderful breakfast. I could go on but no need, as it will all be gushing. Stayed on 3rd floor, overlooking canal. Nice size room, clean and very comfortable bed. The staff, especially Rasmus, was wonderful to work with prior to our trip, as we were looking to attend a local soccer match. Couldn't have been more helpful. Easy walk across bridge to Paper Island Food Hall, Church of Our Savior (don't miss a climb of the tower), restaurants, shopping, canal tours, etc. Wish I was still there.

Room tip: Seek out a canal/water view
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank E C

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with and got the best of our unique central waterfront location. I will pass your mention on to Rasmus, he is definitely the guy to go to for local football knowledge.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.