“Good hotel”

Best Western Plus Hotel City Copenhagen
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We picked this hotel due to its location and the reviews on here. I was not disappointed, it was easy to find close to the Metro. Copenhagen is quite small so it was easy to access all the main sites. The breakfast was great, free wifi and the room was really nice clean and well decorated lots of room too. There were computers in the lobby and we were able to check in to our return flights and print our boarding passes which was great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fayeeee84

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in superior room and were very happy with it. It was close to Stroeget and Nyhavn and walking distance to anywhere. Staff was friendly and breakfast good.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Experien
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Not long back from a 3 night stay in this hotel. It has a great location on Peder Skrams Gade approx 5 mins walk from the pretty area of Nyhavn.

I had a 'superior' room (405) on the 4th floor facing the street. My room was bright, clean, well appointed with neutral décor. The trio of pictures making up the image of a jazz player was an interesting addition.

The bathroom was just the right size, not the biggest I've experienced so any smaller and it would have been uncomfortable. The shower was great and the addition of underfloor heating was a nice touch.

For the 'superior' room status I got an iPod player/radio, tea & coffee making facilities and a small lounge area with some very comfy leather design chairs. Having seen inside some of the other rooms whilst walking past open doors, it would seem the standard rooms are also just as nice although I don't think you get as much space.

I had a twin bed in my room which was perfectly comfortable. I've stayed in quite a few hotels around Europe and still don't understand why the duvets appear to come in singles only and the pillows are so thin?? This aside, I had three nights of good sleep.

I've read some previous comments about the rooms being hot & noisy on the 4th floor - this isn't something I experienced. Even with the cold weather outside, the room was always just about the right temperature and with a thermostat on the (powerful) radiator; you have the ability to control the temperature yourself. I did hear a few noises from the street below during the night, but really nothing to put me off staying here again - you'll get this in any large city!!

Breakfast was excellent, served in a bright & open space just off the lobby area. We had a wide selection of cold meats, cheeses, breads, veggies, fruits etc. As well as scrambled eggs, sausage & bacon and some more unusual breakfast items such as new potatoes with veggies and what appeared to be a very thick omelette with veg. All this served with juices, tea and (very) nice coffee.

One thing that did puzzle me during my stay was the lack of a safe in the room. Considering that this hotel appears to be aimed at the business traveller (there were lots of suits with Blackberry's at breakfast) a safe to store important documents, laptops etc would be something of a given. I believe you can store valuables with reception, but this would seem to be an inconvenience to the guest.

All-in-all I would recommend this hotel. If I were ever to go back to Copenhagen, I would seriously consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank RobfromTheUK
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just back from 3 nights in hotel. It's well located - very near Nyhavn and 20 mins walk from central station.
Was a bit disappointed with our room initially - beds very soft. But when we asked manager (Nate) whether there was any possibility of changing room (for a harder mattress), she was extremely accommodating. As there were rooms available, she was able to upgrade us to a family room which had a pullout bed with harder mattress. It made a huge difference. The room also had a teasmaid which was very welcome after a long day's sightseeing.
Rooms quiet at night. Breakfast was good.
All in all, we give it the tick (thanks largely to very helpful day manager).

Room Tip: I would look for family room as they are a lot larger.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank killanigia
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel is set in a quiet street very close to Nyhavn which is a fantastic part of Copenhagen to visit for the bars, restaurants and canal side setting.

Initially we had a street facing room but asked to be moved as there was noisy building work in progress outside (June 2011). The room was a decent size and very comfortable, and plenty of seating and table options in the room to read or plan a day trip. We have been very impressed with the high standards at Scandinavian hotels (this is the 4th we stayed in).

The breakfast was very good, plenty of choice and all very fresh. There is a large reception area with water features and lots of newspapers and fruit bowls.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and as with most people in Denmark they spoke better English than I do.

Overall a wonderful holiday in a great city that was enhanced by staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NorthernPasty
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights last year and have no complaints at all. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly.....the breakfast was satisfying the hotel is clean and well kept. Sure the bathrooms may be small by North American standards and the room was small....but it was perfect for my needs and the price was decent. The location is perfect for shopping, visiting museums and close to Nyhavn. The street is quiet and the harbour is nearby. I would stay again anytime.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Trout13
KClausen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel City Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Trout13

Thank you for your nice review and comments on our hotel.
I agree that compared to American standards our rooms can be small but I think that is general for the capitals in Europe at our price level.

I am glad your enjoyed your stay and will be happy to welcome you back another day.

Best regards
Kåre
Best Western Hotel City

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel is very convinient for a city break. Good located, quiet street, beautiful scandinavian design and friendly stuff. We arrived very early and could check in immediately. Breakfast was delicious. And free and quick wifi! This is good choice for people, who like small, cosy hotels.

Room Tip: As rooms are quite small, I reccommend book superior room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family