1,809 results
All reviews penthouse apartment tivoli gardens the main hotel small kitchen central station living room luggage room the main shopping street hop on hop off bus city hall within easy walking distance street noise breakfast was included few minutes walk yogurt meats scandinavia
Reviewed September 26, 2017

We are a group of 12 adults who arrived in copenhagen in sept. 25,2017 . We were scheduled to join the Baltic cruise on the 28th.
Our rooms in the ship were upgraded and we had tonprint put the cruise Documents before embarking . We went to the front desk and was rudely assisted by Maya. My sister very politely requested Maya if she could help her with the printing of the documents. She was not assisted by Maya and she seemed annoyed to help.
I returned to the front desk to accompany my sister as I had documents to print out myself. Maya finally agreed to print them out but seemed so unhappy doing so. In the middle of the printing, she made a face when my sister so politely asked her if she could give three copies of one page as that was required by the cruise. MAya gave an annoyed look amd said, that the printer suddenly stopped working. When we asked her if we could return in the evening to resume printing, she unapologetically said that the technician was out of the hotel and that most probably the printr cant be fixed. I asked her if there was another printer in the ASCOT hotel and she answered in the ngative and told us to go look for a "bookstore or something" and have our docs printed out there!!!
We travelled all the way from the Philippines , tired from our trip amd completely feeling lost in Copenhagen , and the rude Maya tells us off that we should look for a bookstore to print our cruise documents???? And we decided book in ASCOT thinking its a reputable hotel ??? Weve travelled to so many countries all over Europe, America and Asia, and THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT A HOTEL SAYS WE CANT BE HELPED WITH PRINTING OUT 5 PAGES SIMPLE CRUISE DOCUMENTS!

I have to admit that I lost my temper and told MAYA off! She rudely looked at me and asked me to calm down. I almost think this MAYA is a racist. Was it just because we are Asians? She goes about helping the White clients with respect after us.

I called for someone to assist us and noone responded. I apporoached a front desk person named NICOLAI and asked him to assist us. He on the other hand helped us and in 5 minutes all our documents were printed from the SAME PRINTER THAT MAYA USED , which she said was not working three minutes before NICOLAI helped us.

To the ASCOT management, if you will allow your front desk people to treat Asians so rudely and so diffrently from your treatment of the Caucasians, then I assure you thatnyou have then perfect way of driving your Asian customers away. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS AND SHOULD BE TREATED FAIRLY.

I think this is a warning to Asians who plan to travel to Copenhagen. Get a hotel who will treat their guests without prejudice.

Id like though to rhabk Nicolai

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank shirlenriquez
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Old Hotel with a hodge podge of rooms. The one you get will be far less than what you see on the internet. We requested in advance no stairs or few stairs due to a mobility issue. Not honored I insisted and was reluctantly changed to a room with not too many stairs as far away in the building as possible. Long walk, stairs, odd doors, quite the rabbit warren. The room was not at all what I would call a superior double and certainly not the triple (with a couch and bed) that we had booked. Poor design, almost no storage, no dresser. The 2 people before me were complaining about their rooms. One man was showing pictures on his iphone that the room he booked was quite a dump compared to what he received. Nods, smiles, apologies to each person who came up with concerns. No resolution. There is no one to take your luggage to your room and it is a large hotel. Stairs, stairs, stairs. The shower is ridiculous and floods the entire bathroom each time, no matter how you try to keep the water out from under the large gaps on all shower walls and at floor level. No shower chair for mobility impaired. "we don't have any kind of aids for people." I can't say enough about how you should stay elsewhere. Good location, pick a nearby hotel, not this one!

Room tip: Don't stay here!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Darla-Jeff
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

This was a nice spacious apartment perfect for a temporary stay in Copenhagen. It is centrally located, not far from Norrestad and Copenhagen Central stations. You can walk from here to most of the main attractions. The hotel is close to the tourist office, Tivoli Gardens, and convenient grocery stores. Our apartment had two rooms and a small kitchen. Loved it here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2017

We made a late check-in (we warned the hotel in advance) and were greeted by a nice gentleman in the reception.

GOOD POINTS:

- Staff was mostly polite and very nice. On our check-out day we had a small problem since we were carrying some medicine that had to be kept cold and the staff helped us with some ice;

- Great and varied breakfast, with tasty food, bread, cheese, jams, honey, cereal and a lot of food and drinks. Definitely the strongest point of the hotel;

- This hotel is very well located - not so far away from the town center and very close to the Tivoli Park.

- The hotel looks really nice and well decorated.

NOT-SO-GOOD POINTS:

- If you're carrying very heavy luggage, you'll have to carry it while climbing a few stairs. They have an elevator, but not from the reception area to all of the rooms. This is definitely not good for whoever has heavy suitcases / bags or for older clients;

- It turns out that check-out time was at 11 am. We did not know this, and we are used to leaving before noon for most hotels. However, the staff of the hotel was knocking on our door at around 11 and politely invited us to leave the room as soon as possible. We understand that the hotel might have been full, but we did not like the way we were treated. We're considering returning to Copenhagen, but not to this hotel, mostly because of this issue.

- The hotel is really close to the Tivoli Park. On our night there we had trouble sleeping because of the noise;

- We had to disconnect some devices (TV) in order to use the electric sockets (to charge smartphones and etc.).

Room tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for help carrying it - you will need it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Tired old hotel rooms. The picture on the internet is not what you receive. The hotel rooms are extremely small, the bed has a big sway in the middle of the bed. This room is not meant for two people. Linens are worn out and towels are like Brillo pads. This hotel room is beyond horrible for the price we paid of over $350. The bathroom is small too; when taking a shower the water goes over the floor which is very slippery. Awful in every way!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple