Our family of Mum, Dad, Daughters 15 & 6, Son 13 travelled to Europe for our X-mas Holidays this year.
I had stayed at the Admiral and Copenhagen before and wanted to bring my family for a visit.
The location of the Admirial is perfect for a Copenhagen city visit being close to:
- Nyhavn - the habour area with all its great resturants - 5 min walk
- The Little Mermaid is a short walk away - 20 - 30 min walk
- The Royal Palace is very close - 5 min walk
- The wonderful walking street shopping area i also nearby - 10 min walk
Be prepared - the Admiral Hotel is a converted Grain Storage Warehouse over 300 years old - this means the rooms are cosy (meaning small) but the location is Prime.
Ask for a room on the harbour side as the view is much better.
There is a convenience store very close to buy drinks and snacks to save some money. Be aware the Mini Bar Fridges are linked to the computer system to tell if you have taken something. Make sure you replace everything if you take things out to keep your own drinks cold or you may get charged for the entire mini bar.
The kids loved Copenhagen - one of their favourite places in Euorpe so far. For Ki the smallest child this was due to all of the fireworks on New Years Eve, my 14 year old boy loved the Architechture and the feel of the city, for my 15 year old daughter and wife it was the shopping (surprise, surprise).
Everyone loved the Admiral and we will go back when in Copenhagen next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next door to royal residence Amalienborg Palace and just a short walk from Nyhavn, this imposing 200-year-old former granary warehouse is one of the largest hotels in the city, with 366 rooms - but don't let that put you off. It may not be boutique but big can definitely be beautiful. Beyond the two cast iron canons at the entrance is a neon-pink bar (great for a pre-dinner tipple), while guests retire to rooms showing off classic Danish touches such as teak furniture, low ceilings and original wooden beams. Best of all are the panoramas across the water towards the city's shiny Opera House and Christiania: a view fit for royalty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Copenhagen Admiral Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Admiral Hotel Copenhagen