4,862 results
All reviews wooden beams opera house salt restaurant little mermaid converted warehouse great location royal palace harbour view water view close to nyhavn junior suite large hotel breakfast buffet mini bar on foot double bed rooms are small
Reviewed June 17, 2015

My wife and I stayed at the Admiral for 4 nights. Our comfortable but small room overlooked the water behind the hotel. The room, whose decor consisted mostly of the heavy oak structural beams, was pleasant. But for the long bright days, we might have slept for hours it was so quiet. Two blocks away is the vibrant Nyhavn canal area, with lots of restaurants and bars. The hotel restaurant is excellent for dinner as well as for breakfast. Would certainly recommend both.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2015 via mobile

The hotel might not be the flashiest hotel in town, although it is used to be a warehouse. The room is pretty standard. However, the location is probably the best feature of this hotel. The view from the hotel and room is amazing. You can see the opera building and the canal. It's also good base to enjoy the great city of Copenhagen. The staff was excellent. I asked to change room because of the noise from the ballroom and they were really helpful. The Salt restaurant is good although it's not cheap option.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LeoLHR
Reviewed June 15, 2015

We stayed here for three nights.
Positives:
- good location, close to everything (but Copehnagen is very small anyway, and you should keep in mind that there are massive amounts of construction nearby).
- cool building/decor, with all kinds of retro/maritime touches. I especially liked the ice machine on our floor - though we've not actually used it for ice, it was wooden, with shelves of glasses - very interesting.
- I really liked their restaurant, SALT, where we had a great (though certainly not cheap) meal
- the breakfast buffet is good. I was skeptical, and I am not a big breakfast eater (so typically reluctant to pay $20 for one), but it really was very good, particularly given the relative dearth of choices nearby, especially on a Sunday morning, and the fact that Copehnagen in general is just eye poppingly expensive. I liked that their dairy and eggs were organic. One of the servers went out of his way to make a beautiful latte with soy milk for me. Very kind.

Negatives:
- poor sound insulation - Friday and Saturday nights there was really loud partying going on and it was very hard to sleep
- hard to keep the window open because smokers seemed to congregate right under our room, which was on the 4th floor, facing the street
- the room itself was disappointing. The bed was comfortable enough, though a big saggy, but everything was very plain and outdated. I am a bit surprised that this is a 4-star hotel (at least the rooms don't reflect that in my view). Limited amenities available in the bathroom. We could not figure out how to open the mini bar. The safe was mounted vertically - a bit hard to use and small.

Room Tip: pay extra for the water-facing room, higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank giulietta429
Reviewed June 14, 2015

We stayed one night here before our cruise. It was great. It was in the perfect location, there is so mucho see in walking distance. The hotel is very true to its age, they have done a great job keeping it historic. The staff was friendly and helpful. The guests were rude but the hotel can't be blamed for that.
Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2015

I really liked the hotel and the theme. It is an old naval warehouse built in 1780. As such it is very rustic. I would spend a couple days here but not really much longer. The rooms are rather small and the walls so thin I could hear the neighbors in the bathroom or showering or talking all night. It doesn't have A/C and although it was cool outside you have to open a large window with no screen to allow any air in. That said, it is a block from Nyhavn and it sits right on the water which is beautiful and you can take walks along the canal there. The staff was very friendly and professional as well. If you can put up with the quirks its a neat place in a perfect location.

Room Tip: Ask for waterside. On city side you'll get a lot of noise from the street below.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple