4,744 results
All reviewswooden beamsopera housesalt restaurantlittle mermaidconverted warehousegreat locationroyal palaceharbour viewclose to nyhavnwater viewjunior suitelarge hotelbreakfast buffetmini baron footdouble bedrooms are small
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Visited for two night stay with friends...

The location is excellent, they reception is busy but efficient and staff are very helpful. A definite good point of this hotel is being able to leave luggage on site if you are too early for check-in, and also when you check-out try will hold your luggage until ready to collect when completed site seeing...

Standard double room was just fine (although other comments about the stifling heat are accurate, rooms are too hot) - friends booked a superior double room and this was definitely not worth the difference in price to the standard.

Only a two night stay so we were very happy with the service received.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2017

We stayed here for a long weekend, the reason we choose it was it's only saving grace really, that being the location, it's ideally located for most of your sightseeing needs, and what isn't local, is served by public transport with a bus stop a few mins walk, and the metro about 10mins away.

The rooms look nice, although the fact that the bath isn't anywhere near flat makes showering interesting, but the rest of it was pretty disappointing, we initially had a room on the first floor overlooking the harbour, we had to ask to be moved after the first night due to the smoking area being just outside our room, with noise till 2am in the morning, not ideal.

We were moved to a higher room, and this was much better, although the problems didn't stop, firstly, like plenty others mention, the smell of the drains is akin to an open sewer, it's really not pleasant, secondly, the sound proofing, or lack of, you can literally hear the person in the next room breathing, if you are anything other than a deep sleeper, or are lucky to get empty rooms either side of you, then give it some thought before you book.

To top it all, I got ill on the last day, after some tests when I returned home it turned out to be e coli, now I am not saying it was down to the hotel, I could have conceivably picked it up anywhere, so it could have been a coincidence, but considering the smell from the sewers I feel it's worth mentioning.

A disappointing stay, for what is not a cheap hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank falconut
Reviewed October 22, 2017

This was a treat for my husbands 60th. The location is lovely on the waterfront. We didn't try Salt the restaurant, but it was always full. The staff were helpful and friendly. We did have a very funny incident, where the staff neglected to tell us that to use the lift you needed to use your keycard, (I'm sure if you are a well seasoned traveller you know this, but we didn't!!). So we spent our 4 days using the stairs!!
The room was clean and the beds were exceptionally comfortable!! Heaven.
The hotel is in a great location for exploring. If you catch the Metro from the airport it is about 15 mins, the hotel is 7 mins walk from the Metro, cheaper and faster than a taxi.
My only complaint was that we were opposite the door to the stairs and everytime anyone used the stairs the door slammed which was quite annoying.
Apart from that I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Water side rooms have great views, do not get a room opposite the stairs door.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Characterful old building dating back 200 years, in a great location. Good size rooms - the sort you do not feel the need to constantly escape. Bathroom a little tired but clean.

Enjoyed the healthy breakfast options - important for business travellers who don't want to get fatter on every trip!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above event halls - I heard another customer complaining about the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

I had a deluxe double with a Juliet balcony overlooking the harbour and opera house.
View was stunning and the bed and bedding were good quality and I slept well.
I like the simple style and focus on the room beams.
Mini bar, safe and good wardrobe space.
Bathroom was pretty basic in terms of normal bath and shower but was fine for me.
Easy walk to Nyvahn and to the metro to the airport.
Breakfast was good but if you just want a coffee venture out as it is expensive.
Good bar service and food in the Salt bar.
View from room below