“should be converted to a museum”

Copenhagen Admiral Hotel
Ranked #25 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 30 April 2007

The lobby is ok and the staff are very friendly...I lost my suitcases when I first arrived to Copenhagen and the receptionist called the airport several times to check for my bags and yes they brought them to me.

when I first got out of the elevator to go to my room I told my friend if we were on the right direction because of the narrow corridors with bricks arcs !!! I even thought we were in an old Pizza oven !!! The rooms are different. Mine was spacious but my friend's room ( With the same price) was very narrow !!! the bed is very comfortable but the interior design of the room is really bad. Can you imagine yourself sleeping next to a big tree trunk ??? This is what you'll see in most of the rooms...

I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank Jenan2000
Write a ReviewReviews (4,179)

Reviewed 28 April 2007

Very pleasant stay in room overlooking water (I think we were upgraded). Breakfast, included in room rate, was good, except the orange juice. The staff were friendly and helpful. Liked the hotel's situation - not a busy area but easy walking distance to everything. We ate in Salt restaurant one evening but were disappointed by overcooked fish and a slightly burnt taste to a starter item. We had excellent meal the following evening in The Front Hotel next door.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zeebird
Reviewed 10 April 2007

We stayed at this hotel for the long weekend over Easter and we were really impressed. Great location and a great price! I was slightly worried on reading other people's reviews about the noise level. Certainly there wasn't great sound proofing between rooms, but it didn't bother us too much and we didn't need the earplugs I had brought just in case! The room was a great size as well, the bed was extremely comfortable and we even had a small sofa, chair and table and still had lots of room.The staff at reception were very responsive to any of our requests, in contrast to other reviews I had read. Yes, it's a huge hotel so if you need the personal touch this isn't for you. But we enjoyed our stay and I would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shivfergus
Reviewed 9 April 2007

This hotel was just what we wanted. The location is really good and only a few minutes walk to the centre. You have all the lovely bars/restaurants of Nyhaven close by. The hotel was really nice and the staff were very helpful. The room was clean and we faced out over the harbour. The breakfast was very good and there is plently to choose from. If I travelled to Copenhagen again then I would definitley stay here.

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank ClaudiaReading
Reviewed 25 March 2007

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's b'day and we had a lovely time. We got upgraded to a river view which was lovely, the rooms are really nice and clean. The breakfast is good, plenty of it and the minibar was cheaper than buying drinks outside. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a meal at the Indian Taj which was gorgeous, a little pricey but definitely worth it. I agree with everyone the little mermaid is not really worth the visit but as its a star attraction of Copenhagen you feel you have to go, we got a little boat tour passed this and we were glad we didn't go out of our way to see it. We went to the Carlsberg factory which my boyfriend loved, 2 free drinks in with the price each, so that kept him happy as it was only £4 to get it! A beer in Copenhagen will cost you about £4.50 if not £5, so I would not recommend it for a heavy weekend. The hotel was very central and I would definitely pick this hotel again. Have fun.

Reviewed 10 March 2007

After reading mixed reviews on this site, we weren't sure what to expect. However, the most oft mentioned flaw - the lack of air conditioning - didn't seem relevant to our March trip, so we went ahead and booked the Admiral. We were not disappointed. The location was fabulous for our needs: near to attractions, a subway station and restaurants. Our room was bigger than we expected, and we didn't upgrade to a deluxe (although were prepared to if the room was a shoebox as previous posters implied). The few interactions that we had with the staff were all helpful, courteous and pleasant...and they called us a cab when we needed it (again, contrary to a previous post). All in all it worked well for us, and we would certainly stay at the Admiral again. The only potential flaw that we found was that the walls between the rooms do seem thin. This wasn't as issue for us, as we didn't noisy neighbors, but might be an issue for some.

2  Thank Javakwn
Reviewed 8 March 2007

I am a business traveller who is very demanding, and my expectations were exceeded by the Admiral. Stayed there for 4 nights, and everything was very pleasing. The true measure of a great hotel is how the staff respond to their guests. After lodging a complaint about an inoperable mini-bar, we received a WRITTEN response within an hour indicating what the problem was, when it would be fixed and apologies for the inconvenience. Later, a misunderstanding over breakfast charges was dealt with promptly, no questions asked! All staff were exceedingly pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was very good and the location is outstanding. The design is truly unique; an interesting blend of historical architecture and modern conveniences. The services are comprehensive, and the facility is clean. No problems with noise, heat or housekeeping. This is a busy hotel, but I can find no fault with our stay there. There is no AC; however the outer walls are very thick original stone construction, which may help in summer. Although we didn't have problems with neighbour noise, it does appear that the walls between rooms are not substantial. Overall, this is a very good hotel, and very worthy of consideration.

1  Thank FussyGuy