1,686 results
All reviews great location bay window close to nyhavn minute walk kongens nytorv metro station nice hotel quiet location within walking distance danish pastries small room standard room breakfast buffet boiled eggs bars and restaurants junior suite cold cuts three nights
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Copenhagen Strand is a little bit dated and worn, however the staff and location makes up for it! It's easily accessible from the Metro that goes directly to Copenhagen Airport. The rooms are nice and clean with, beds are comfy, but there is no heat at the bathroom.

If you have a late flight and some more shopping to do they have luggage rooms.

Breakfast is ordinary continental breakfast, during rush hours there can be some waiting time for an table.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

Beauitifully kept city, very organized and. Lot's of history and lovely architecture, albeit the restaurant/meal prices were not economical by any means. I went in November and it was cooler than I had anticipated so make sure to look at the weather before traveling...

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Copenhagen Strand for 6 nights and overall, had a positive experience.

We stayed in a standard room which wasn't the biggest room ever but was big enough for our needs. We're not ones for spending ages in the room as we're generally out and about. Room facilities were good; bed and pillows were comfortable, bathroom was nice with a good working shower/bath and the TV had a really extensive range of channels for when we needed to wind down. Only downside to the standard room is the lack of tea/coffee facilities which is pretty much standard for hotel rooms around the world.

Breakfast was standard continental buffet fare though was varied and tasty. Neither of us ever went hungry. If nothing else, it's Denmark; Danish pastries for breakfast are never a bad thing. Range of drinks was good with various types of tea as well as coffee, cold drinks and chai latte on offer.

Location is superb; 8-10 mins walk from Kogens Nytorv metro station, 5 mins walk from the nearest bus stop as well as near to many of the sights in your guidebook (Nyhavn, the museums on Slotsholmen, Amalienborg Palace etc.)

Overall, I think we'd stay at this hotel again. It's certainly decent for a 3 star. The staff were friendly when asked to help and we got out of the hotel what we needed from our stay. Would recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2017

The only thing good about this hotel was the location.

The hotel room was not cleaned in-between nights, which surprised us, as we had given ample time for this to happen. More serious was the hotel charging my card twice, without authorisation in the way they had done so. My card was charged initially including the deposit, and it was charged again without the deposit. This has caused a lot of issues financially for me, and the hotel staff have not been helpful or clear, and their responses unsympathetic. I consider this to be theft, to be very honest. I am still waiting on the refund and based on this incredibly frustrating experience will not be visiting Copenhagen Strand Hotel again.

Room tip: Just don't go.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank IsaiahF89
Reviewed February 13, 2017

I chose the hotel based on the location. It vas perfect between Metro-station, Kongens nytorv and my the purpose of my travel, on the other side of the harbour channel, The hotel is nice with good beds and bathroom. I was a bit disturbed by som noise through the door to the next room. I misses fried eggs at the breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business