Review of Restaurant Radio

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My friend was really keen to visit Restaurant Radio and I, being a picky eater, was rather apprehensive having looked at the menu and struggled to imagine what I would order. I could not have been more wrong, the food was absolutely outstanding and I enjoyed Jerusalem Artichoke, Creme Fraiche and delicious sour dough Bread with onion infused butter to start, followed by pork with beetroot. For desert there was raw pumpkin , rice foam and pumpkin ice cream. Before this, I would of adamantly stated that I really dislike pumpkin (and I said this a number of times before the dish arrived) however, it was truly delicious and I could of eaten lots more; no one was more surprised than me! The waiting staff were exceptional and very patient, also helpful in charging our phone throughout the meal. The drinks menu has been selected to match the food served and this works so well. I was glad I experienced the fine food here and I learned to open my mind and taste buds to new tastes and food experiences. A fantastic restaurant with outstanding food, a great ambience and thoughtful professional staff.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

The waiters were really great. Took their time to find wine that we liked and was generally very accomodating. I especially enjoyed the octopus dish, but everything was nice and tasty.

When we were there, the house was only half full, I could be worried about how close the tables are, if the place was fully booked.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I found Radio restaurant on Tripadvisor as representation of Danish cousine. That selection was perfect!! They prepare food based on seasonal vegetables. I had grilled leek, celery with cod and finally pumpkin ice cream desert. Please, book your table at least a week before, is so busy there. I am sure you will have a perfect adventure as I had.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Had a fantastic meal at this restaurant!!

Great ambiance, good service and fantastic food options all round.

The food menu is relatively limited, but i recommend you try either the 3 course or 5 course tasting menu. The price is fixed ($55 and $70) for both options respectively and i believe the menu changes seasonally. This price does not include any drinks.

Beer and wine are fairly expensive but it is well worth the splurge. A 3 course meal with a couple of glasses of wine and tip together will be around $100

Making a reservation in advance is highly recommended.

Service was good - but i found the staff a little distant and not very friendly. They served the food - but did not stop to ask any questions or entertain any friendly chit-chat - nor did anyone offer me any suggestions or tell me anything about the chef or the restaurant.

It was like "what would you like?", "here you go", "anything else" and thats about it. Perhaps it was because I am visibly not Danish.

They did do a great job of explaining in great detail what the ingredients were in each dish.

Great place overall - highly recommend it.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice tasting menu restaurant. Five courses with matching wines were very nice and at a cost of around £100 per person which is quite good for Denmark!

Food courses were well matched and quite inventive. The pork and the dessert were particularly good