“Below average meal ”

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Frederiksberg
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Considering the price, the location, service and wine list, well below average meal. Not "new nordic cuisine", just decent plates of food cooked decently in modern European style that can be found by dime a dozen back home in London. Also they never served us the first fig course, which went to all other tables & I saw cheese course being served but never offered to us. Waiting staff had little knowledge of their wine list too, which is below average, I suppose to flog the wine pairing. We incidently had the full 5 courses.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

Had the 5 course menu, which was delicious and all surprisingly light. I also don't normally particularly like scallops (first course) or licorice (dessert), but they were used in such inventive ways that those were actually my standout dishes. The caramelised onion butter with sourdough on the side was really special.

Great service - despite being attentive the staff were laid back and non-intrusive, which gave the meal a really relaxed feeling (which we certainly appreciated). Didn't do the matching wines, but the waiter recommended a really good Californian chardonnay, which was actually cheaper that a number of wines on the menu (also refreshing as sometimes there is a tendency for a recommendation to be one of the more expensive wines). Great soundtrack as well! Sometimes with fine dining the atmosphere can be a little stuffy, but Radio is relaxed, informal, with cool interiors (of course!), good tunes and great food.

Not cheap, but good value.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

This place is located a bit outside the very central part of CPH but so worth the small effort of making it out there! Good service, nice, friendly staff in a very nice dining room. And most importantly of course, great food and wines selected to go with each dish! We tried the five course with wine menu to go with this and it was a perfect match

1  Thank Ptno
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Radio is a modern restaurant which embodies urban Danish cuisine - fresh and seasonal ingredients, innovative pairings. Whilst the food is considered and careful, Radio is relaxed and welcoming. The set menu won't suit everyone but if you are a keen foodie and willing to try something different, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank miccla11
Reviewed December 28, 2017

My friend was really keen to visit Restaurant Radio and I, being a picky eater, was rather apprehensive having looked at the menu and struggled to imagine what I would order. I could not have been more wrong, the food was absolutely outstanding and I enjoyed Jerusalem Artichoke, Creme Fraiche and delicious sour dough Bread with onion infused butter to start, followed by pork with beetroot. For desert there was raw pumpkin , rice foam and pumpkin ice cream. Before this, I would of adamantly stated that I really dislike pumpkin (and I said this a number of times before the dish arrived) however, it was truly delicious and I could of eaten lots more; no one was more surprised than me! The waiting staff were exceptional and very patient, also helpful in charging our phone throughout the meal. The drinks menu has been selected to match the food served and this works so well. I was glad I experienced the fine food here and I learned to open my mind and taste buds to new tastes and food experiences. A fantastic restaurant with outstanding food, a great ambience and thoughtful professional staff.