All reviews four poster bed boutique hotel central station breakfast table lovely room top floor reception area first floor rent bikes loved this hotel bars and restaurants very nice hotel tea and coffee cold meats on foot the breakfast area air conditioning
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in walking distance (if you don’t mind walking) of everything you want to see in Copenhagen. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful, above and beyond what was necessary. Breakfast was available only for a charge (about $25), so I didn’t try it. Besides that, I only missed two critical things: coffee (none available at the hotel, except for a price) and air conditioning. Air conditioning seems very unusual in Denmark, and many people might have been comfortable, especially with the fan available in the room—but this Alaskan still missed it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Timothy M
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is not worth the money. The rooms looks nice but it was so very hot and there was no air. Also there was the water pressure in the shower was low. There are many hotels nearby - I would choose one of them.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina Z
AxelCopenhagen, Public Relations Manager at 66 Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Dear Christina Z,
it has been very hot in Denmark lately, not just at our lovely little hotel - and air conditioning is not common in Denmark, but we do have fans that put a breeze in the room. We´re sorry about the water pressure, it´s usually fine - but in old buildings such as ours, it can be a little challenging on the top floors, especially if everybody decides to shower at the same time.
But we´re so glad you actually liked the room :).

We wish you happy travels in the future, all the best from 66 Guldsmeden!

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

I’m staying here now and I do really like the hotel. The bed is amazingly comfortable and the hotel is in a great area, surrounded by shops and restaurants and not too far from the central station. The breakfast is a nice spread (buffet) with some interesting items - all organic and homemade. I’m not sure it’s worth 155DK, but it’s lovely nonetheless. We’ve also been lucky enough to get a room at the back which is very quiet, and the window is great for keeping out any unwanted noise. However, I feel there are a few things that let the hotel down. These being: no tea and coffee making facilities in the room; the windows open up completely, which is not great for security (especially at night when we need the window open for ventilation); and (the worst thing) the housekeeping staff are very noisy when they turn up on the corridor to clean rooms - talking loudly amongst themselves, shouting to one another, knocking loudly on doors, throwing furniture and hoovers around (that’s what it sounds like). I have my ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door. Or rather, in this case, my ‘zzzz sleep is the best meditation’ sign. But I’ve still been woken up by the melee of shouting ladies! I do feel that, although the windows are well soundproofed, the doors to the rooms are not and may as well be pieces of cardboard. I also don’t like the fact that there is no lock or chain on the inside of the door so housekeeping can (and do) burst in if you’ve forgotten to put the sign on the door and aren’t quick enough to answer their very brief knock! However, even after saying all that, I would still stay here again. Just maybe not when I’m feeling unwell and need to rest!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2018

I signed up for the Guldsmeden experience based on their "mission statement" regarding environmental issues. A positive mission statement, however, does not make up for a hotel's shortsightedness when it comes to property maintenance. This has nothing to do with the attentiveness of staff. They can only report what is told to them and hope that management will be responsive. And staff get high marks for friendliness.
There is no excuse for an elevator that shimmies rather than lifts; especially when this issue has been enshrined in Trip Advisor reviews in the past. "Penny wise and pound foolish comes to mind". And it is a mystery why easily remedied problems (broken items in the room) do not get fixed, but it has nothing to do with front desk personnel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

No ventilation and lots of noise from the street left us feeling like living in a tuna can. Amazing breakfast though! Kind of crowded space... I’ve stayed with Guldsmeden hotels before and this one was just off. For that price, we will go elsewhere next visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple