All reviews shared toilet and shower budget hotels small room tea and coffee on foot kettle cheese
Reviewed August 12, 2018

The location is excellent, near the old city and center, you can reach many attractions on foot. The Hotel is located in a relatively calm street. The staff are nice enough, they do their job professionally, with minimum contact with guests. Free Wifi in the room and worked well.I would recommend the hotel.

But there are some disadvantages: cleanliness of rooms is an issue, not the best quality but acceptable. Parking is limited and free in the hotel, so if you didn't catch it, you will park on the street & it costs more than expected.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

My room was so dirty that i allmost chance hotel. There was not any soundproofing so i heard everything my neighbors was doing.

The floor, tables, sink, curtains etc was terrible condition. Tv remote control was so dirty that I didnt want to touch it. TV didnt work. Only two channels and both of them working badly (Clips). Also I used towels on the floor so i could step on it..
Toilet seat was ok two days but before leaving i couldnt even use it anymore, any cleaning during these days? Toilet floor looked like it ever has been cleaned.
60€/ per night is ”not bad” but it’s enough to get clean room and toilet.
Would’nt recommend to anyone.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2018

Denmark is not known for its heat but when I was there the Danes were suffering a bit of a heatwave. I was booked into this place via a business collaborator and so reckoned it would be OK as they claim they have blacklisted some hotels due to poor performance. This place is now added to that list.

I had a late flight into the city and made it to my hotel for 11.15pm only to find the place locked up. The Hotel Copenhagen closes at 11.00pm. Can you believe it! Panic station until I found a telephone number on the door and called that. Was then instructed by a very friendly lady, espionage style with phone in my ear, down a short alleyway to a courtyard and then given a number to open a door. I was in, but I had no idea of my room number. More friendly-lady spy stuff as I was instructed to walk up a short flight of stairs to a box fitted to a wall. On locating that I was then given instructions on how to open my special box that contained the card to my room. What a faff but up to the fourth floor I went with access card in hand. I opened the door to my room and was greeted by a blast of hot air – wrong room & this must be the sauna. No sauna here and this was my room. I searched for air con that did not exist and now close to midnight I did not have the energy to call that number again and complain.
Conditions were awful and I opened the window to the noise of the street below; not too busy really but certainly not sleep inducing. There was a small telly on one corner, a sink and that was pretty much it. No room for anything eles as my room had 4 bunk beds in it with a small towel assigned to each one. I shared the bathroom (dirty and minus any decent washing items) with the rest of the fourth floor.
I popped out for dinner that turned out to be a packet of crisps, a bar of chocolate and a bottle of beer. No way did I want to eat it in my room and of course the rest of the hotel was locked up. So I grabbed a chair from a nearby closed café, sat on that and ate on the street.
Breakfast was included but was very basic and rather than stay another night I checked out and found another hotel. I also went out for breakfast so cannot comment on the quality of the food- only the look. Not very enticing- see picture and lonely pear

In daylight I found the location here on Islands Brygge to be quite good. OK this place is cheap for Copenhagen hotel prices but I would not recommend it. As I left, contemplating the fact that this place can’t deal with heat, I wondered what it is like here mid - winter when it’s freezing outside. There is WiFi here but it is not free

Room Tip: This Hotel, sorry Hostel closes at 11.00pm
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Nice cosy rooms, friendly staff, bathrooms and toilets could be cleaner. Good location, 5 minutes from Metro station, from where you need 5 minutes to city center. Free coffee and tea in the afternoon.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Avoid like the plague what an absolute dump dirty unkept rooms very poorly furnished and maintained no en suite facilities have to use dirty bathrooms across a corridor and expected to clean them yourself. Breakfast is very measly products not kept topped up and once again your expected to clear the plates after yourself I could stay at home and clean up after myself I've paid for a hotel and paid very well. Staff on reception sit around doing nothing expecting you do everything silly little notices pinned on walls telling what to do all so they don't have to do anything rooms are noisy and unpleasant street outside is full of drunks and very noisy, worst nights sleep I've had in ages and the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and the poorest breakfast I've ever had I cannot reiterate enough do not stay here no matter how cheap it appears

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business