2,604 results
All reviews city centre train station modern hotel fisketorvet shopping mall minute walk overlooking the water harbour view big mall the meat packing district superior room an upgrade meatpacking district small balcony tivoli gardens business hotel public transport mini bar
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came here for 3 night stay over a long weekend. It was perfect as a base for walking to the main part of town (15 minutes?).

If you decide to stay nearby there is a large mall of Copenhagen right next door plus a load of great restaurants in the meat packing district 10 mins away walking over the bridge (not just meat!).

In the hotel is a decent restaurant and bar with some snacks if you want a cheaper option.

Gym was bigger than expected with free weights, a concept 2 rower and a good series of cardio machines. Everything well maintained and on the top floor of the hotel looking out over the water - not the basement! Little random to have a sauna door right in the middle of the gym wall but it’s Scandinavia!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
alp_12, General Manager at Copenhagen Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Haddock
Thank you for your nice review - we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad you liked the hotel and the surroundings, we hope you will come back and visit us another time.
Anne Louise Poulsen, General Manager

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Overall it is a good hotel, the staff is kind and the location of the hotel next to the train station and a shopping mall is very helpful. The food in the restaurant is fresh and delicious and beautifully served, outdoor parking is available against a daily fee. The only two things we think the hotel can work on is improving the accessibility of carrying in and out heavy luggage that is today only possible to be done using the wheelchair elevator ( doesn't always work) and some human hair that we found in the bed linen that is caused usually by packing too much tissue inside the washing machine.

1  Thank Rym Z
Reviewed October 17, 2018

We stayed here for two nights. The rooms are small, but clean and modern. The hotel is very close to a bus stop and about 7 min walk from the metro stop. Easy to get into the city center or to visit the main attractions. We chose it because it was less expensive than most other hotels in Copenhagen.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2018

nice place to stay, but beware... they took money from our bank account (almost 1000 dkr) the day after we left copenhagen... we had paid in full on checkout, but the day after drew extra!! they appologised and said they would return the money within 3-5 days!! Disgraceful behaviour... they keep our credit card info after we left and then we have to wait for reinbursment... I'm wondering if that is even legal... anyway, watch out... thieves come in all shapes and sizes!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moroccan R
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

When we visited Island Hotel, first impression was so so good. Our room was pretty small and unconfortable but if you book sea side room thats view really amazing. I think hotel staff little cold and they look like “really not listening you carefully” Also I had problem with a taxi (driver change root and I paid more than 3 times money) and I ask hotel staff “how you can help me about this situation I want to call for complaint, I have an ax to grind about taxi driver.. hotel staff said we not know anything about this we doesnt how we help you (I was this hotel guest at this time. in this situation they had to try to find a solution and also they had to be look like trying to find a solution). except that situation it was good journey

Date of stay: June 2018