All reviews little mermaid rooftop spa churchill park design museum mini suite organic toiletries boutique hotel eco friendly hotel four poster great boutique osterport station within walking distance toilet paper shower curtain top floor on foot rooms are small
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Good location, 10 or 15 minutes walking to center; nice staff, ther were kind at every moment; very clean, very good quality/price ratio. We didn't try breakfast and restaurant but looked good. We would repeat.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

For a seasoned hotel visitor like myself Babette Guldsmeden in Copenhagen offers a surprise, something you wouldn’t expect from a mid-market downtown establishment: a hotel with a soul. Babette is same time very small and intimate, cozy and comfortable, but big in its ambition to save the world: a hardcore eco-hotel where you’d feel guilty not to recycle. Staying there almost makes you a better person :-)

Rooms are small, dominated by a large and very comfortable canopy bed, and bathroom even smaller. I didn’t like the shower curtain that one has to adjust, no rail. My room was on the 1st floor and I was afraid that the street noise would keep me awake. No worries, I slept better than a baby, and in the morning I got a good laugh realizing that the traffic outside my window was mostly - bicycles!

Restaurant is good and the food very tasty - our small business group ate there dinner, breakfast and lunch - but also very down to earth, no ”gourmet”, and naturally eco-friendly. Meeting room nr.2 (I think they only have 2..) was as unconventional as the rest of hotel; it worked well for us. The staff was very helpful and super friendly at all times, even if it was difficult to recognize them at times as they don’t wear uniforms.

Babette was very positive hotel experience, alternative to boring standardized chain hotels. The location is good for ”bleazure”, business/pleasure; half way from central square to Little Mermaid, so almost everything in walking distance (but to Tivoli we had to take taxies, Sorry no eco-friendliness there...)

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Maybe because we visited first the big sister hotel manon les suites. In Babette the service wasnt really there, they just sit behind the counter and that's all. You can leave your luggage behind but have to do it all by yourself, no name tag so everyone can take it. Rooms are very small, nice style but small. Our room had dirty sheets with hairs on it from previous guests i guess, it is fixed but for the price you pay it should not happen! Also no explanation of facilities like sauna, i had to aak about it.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 756mahirh
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to Copenhagen and I chose this hotel primarily because of its location - within walking distance of the venue for the meeting I attended. Right from reception to checking out I was very impressed. The rooms was on the small side and dominated by the four poster bed, but absolutely lovely and quirky. I approved of the environmentally friendly ethos and absence, as far as was possible, of plastic packaging. The bed was really comfortable and the food was great. My only criticism was that you had to pay extra to go onto the roof terrace - I really would have liked to see the view from up there. All in all a very enjoyable stay. If I am ever back in Copenhagen I will be checking in at Babette again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2018

We loved our room with the balconey. This is an eco friendly hotel. We loved being able to sit out on the street with our coffee and watch the world go by..on bicycles! The hotel was close to the park and all local attractions. The breakfast buffet had a large variety of foods.

Room tip: Be sure to book a room with a balconey.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
KristineR551, Direktør at Babette Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Der Mini Tutu,

Thank you for staying at Babette Guldsmeden. I'm very pleased to have your positive feedback and go great to observe how you enjoyed the atmosphere at the hotel and had fun from the free entertainment from the local community and all the passing bikers. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Best regards, Kristine