“Reception HAS VERY BAD SERVICE, MAYA in particular”
Review of Ascot Apartments

Ascot Apartments
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Upon our arrival, We were Checked in very quickly by a VERY UNPLEASANT AND ARROGANT front desk person named MAYA. We had ignored her unwelcoming attitude that day. However, we had to ask for help in printing our cruise documents the next day since we had recently been upgraded. She was quite unwilling to help and I had to go back twice for her to do it. When she finally did, she was curt and downright RUDE. As I was asking her to log into my account, I tried to help her through it, she even cautioned me not to scratch her monitor, as if I were some
Illiterate person who didn't know how to handle "expensive" equipment. Eventually, she printed some of the documents and then claimed that the hotel printer stopped working. Unapologetically, she flatly told us to find a bookstore to print the rest of our documents. I asked her if that was the only printer in the entire hotel and she said YES. This was the reception area for both ASCOT HOTEL AND ASCOT APARTMENTS. I then requested if we could return that afternoon to print, and she grudgingly said we could try. She claimed that the technician and The manager were gone for the day so there was little chance the printer would ever work again .
We were about to leave when NIKOLA came in and we asked for his help. He gladly helped us out and printed all the documents in less than 5 minutes using the same printer.
By then it had become apparent that MAYA just didn't want to help and tried to make things difficult for us. Unfortunately, we also felt that she was biased most probably because we were ASIAN. In all my travels in several parts of the world, I have never experienced such discrimination and bad treatment from any hotel's personnel. It is appalling that the hotel had hired someone so UNCOUTH and Ill-MANNERED. Maya had no business being a hotel receptionist.
I will NEVER RETURN TO THIS HOTEL NOR RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. I have never felt so demeaned and disrespected. All I did was politely request for help.
I did return and civilly told her how unkind she was. My sister was more upset but either way, Maya gave an insincere apology and just brushed off my comments, giving all sorts of excuses to explain her unacceptable behavior.
If you want to enjoy your stay and be treated with respect, do yourself a favor and find another hotel in Copenhagen.

2  Thank Jsmma

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We are a group of 12 adults who arrived in copenhagen in sept. 25,2017 . We were scheduled to join the Baltic cruise on the 28th.
Our rooms in the ship were upgraded and we had tonprint put the cruise Documents before embarking . We went to the front desk and was rudely assisted by Maya. My sister very politely requested Maya if she could help her with the printing of the documents. She was not assisted by Maya and she seemed annoyed to help.
I returned to the front desk to accompany my sister as I had documents to print out myself. Maya finally agreed to print them out but seemed so unhappy doing so. In the middle of the printing, she made a face when my sister so politely asked her if she could give three copies of one page as that was required by the cruise. MAya gave an annoyed look amd said, that the printer suddenly stopped working. When we asked her if we could return in the evening to resume printing, she unapologetically said that the technician was out of the hotel and that most probably the printr cant be fixed. I asked her if there was another printer in the ASCOT hotel and she answered in the ngative and told us to go look for a "bookstore or something" and have our docs printed out there!!!
We travelled all the way from the Philippines , tired from our trip amd completely feeling lost in Copenhagen , and the rude Maya tells us off that we should look for a bookstore to print our cruise documents???? And we decided book in ASCOT thinking its a reputable hotel ??? Weve travelled to so many countries all over Europe, America and Asia, and THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT A HOTEL SAYS WE CANT BE HELPED WITH PRINTING OUT 5 PAGES SIMPLE CRUISE DOCUMENTS!

I have to admit that I lost my temper and told MAYA off! She rudely looked at me and asked me to calm down. I almost think this MAYA is a racist. Was it just because we are Asians? She goes about helping the White clients with respect after us.

I called for someone to assist us and noone responded. I apporoached a front desk person named NICOLAI and asked him to assist us. He on the other hand helped us and in 5 minutes all our documents were printed from the SAME PRINTER THAT MAYA USED , which she said was not working three minutes before NICOLAI helped us.

To the ASCOT management, if you will allow your front desk people to treat Asians so rudely and so diffrently from your treatment of the Caucasians, then I assure you thatnyou have then perfect way of driving your Asian customers away. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS AND SHOULD BE TREATED FAIRLY.

I think this is a warning to Asians who plan to travel to Copenhagen. Get a hotel who will treat their guests without prejudice.

Id like though to rhabk Nicolai

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank shirlenriquez
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This was a nice spacious apartment perfect for a temporary stay in Copenhagen. It is centrally located, not far from Norrestad and Copenhagen Central stations. You can walk from here to most of the main attractions. The hotel is close to the tourist office, Tivoli Gardens, and convenient grocery stores. Our apartment had two rooms and a small kitchen. Loved it here.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

These apartments are well located - very close to city malls, Tivoli and train station. Can be noisy with windows open for fresh air. Apartment was aged, but comfy. However, access was up many stairs to the lift. Dragging heavy suitcases without concierge help was hard and exhausting for older people. Also access is off the street so if raining you get quite wet! No coffee/ tea or milk in apartment. Was the last straw after a long exhausting flight from overseas. Could not access apartment for hours, and had to drag suitcases down multiple stairs to secure room. Then later, drag them up again. Would not stay there again

Room Tip: Ask if you want views. Ours was looking back at walls and windows.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Ascot Apartments are very central to everything you want to do in Copenhagen, are adequate accommodations, but are very expensive! (as is everything in this city). The elevator only holds 2 people without suitcases ... any more than that & you need to wait for it to come back down or use the stairs. There are a number & variety of restaurants & stores close by and the Hop-On/Hop-Off Bus stops a couple of blocks away.

Room Tip: The views are of the street and nothing to write home about ... the best thing about the hotel is it...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We took a double bed room. It's a small room, the bed is very comfortable, the location is perfect when you are discovering the city. If you stay on a higher floor, you need to switch on/off like 3 times to get hot water in the shower. The breaktfast wasn't included but It could be for the price. It was a OK hotel.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

On the plus side, lots of space, big bathroom, kitchen, and living area. Minuses: The TV never worked (no great loss - we were out and about), smallish bedroom, scanty supplies in kitchen, and in general the apartment was kind of "used." Biggest complaint was something the hotel has no control over. There's a music club across the street - BYHAVE - I guess the pun is "behave." Anyway, sleeping Friday night was kind of impossible, even with earplugs. It's in the less charming end of "student street", but very convenient to Tivoli and the train station.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple