“Excellent ”

Price range: US$20 - US$37
Cuisines: European, Diner, Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: In Store Strandstraede, only a stone's throw from the wonderful Nyhavn, you will find a true gem in Restaurant Zeleste. In the warm months of the year the charming atrium is open and during the colder months, guests can sit inside and enjoy Zeleste's cosy atmosphere. Zeleste's specialty is fish and shellfish such as succulent lobsters and fish from the Nordic seas. Zeleste also serves the finest beef and during the hunting season also wild duck, wild boar and deer from the vast Swedish forests. The menu is adjusted according to the seasonal offerings of fresh produce.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My cousin and I went there for dinner on our first night
We booked online 3 hours before
We got the tasting menu which was amazing!
It’s a bit expensive but it’s worth it to go!
Very nice atmosphere as well

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

My husband, 5 year old daughter and I went here based on reviews and couldn’t agree more! It was excellent, possibly the best meal we had in Copenhagen. The staff are wonderful and speak English, and are very attractive to boot. I got the smoked salmon and gnocchi small plates while my husband had the monkfish. Prices are very reasonable for the city.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018

This restaurant was a real find for me! I did not want to spend a fortune, as you easily can in Copenhagen . The hotel steered me here. It is in a great location, right up from Nyhavn. The restaurant was a little small, but I was escorted to a very sheltered and charming patio, and despite the cool night, it was a perfect temperature. The menu had plenty of appealing choices. I had the Chevre Chaud (Goat Cheese Salad) and a fish. Unlike many of the other places I dined, these two plates were ample and I did not leave hungry. And the price was right. So if you want a night in Copenhagen that is good, reasonable and not a Michelin Star meal (Cant do that every nite!) I heartily recommend this place. Staff and ambiance were charming.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Our hotel recommended this restaurant for seafood. It is only a few steps down a side street from the busy Nyhaven strip but without the tourist trap feel. We dined in the old cobblestone courtyard in the rear which had a charming old world atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and the service was great. The menu was not long, but the meals were a high standard.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Zeleste was mentioned in my guidebook. It's in a side street in Nyhavn. They have a delightful courtyard, which I sat out in. At lunch time it was very busy but not full. I had creamy mushrooms on toast, a side portion of sweet potato and a basket of bread. For dessert I had cake. The food was delicious, of a high quality and beautifully presented. Service was excellent, I had to leave afterwards to return to the airport, the meal was not rushed but they were able to accommodate my request that I needed to leave by a particular time. The setting was charming and the price was on par with where I ate elsewhere in Copenhagen. This is a hidden gem worth seeking out. Very close to the main street in Nyhavn, but much more chilled. I will certainly return next time I’m in Copenhagen.

Date of visit: August 2018