“Early dinner visit - Sunday ”

Restaurant Nyhavn C
Reserve with
Restaurant Nyhavn C is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #562 of 2,928 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Ordered Tomato soup starter, veggie burger and ‘Viking stew’. All the food came out at once which was a bit unexpected. (I had expected the soup started first). Soup and veggie burger were good. Viking stew needed a bit more meat, and some sort of taste to the mash potato (more butter/salt). We took the recommended draft beers with the menu items. Beers were good.Nice atmosphere even though it was obviously a bit of a tourist trap.

When getting the bill, the waiter clearly stated to everyone, ‘just to let you know, the service charge is not included’. Would you like me to include it on the bill... As a tourist we read blogs on Danish customs regarding tipping...Danish law requires service to be included in the price, so felt as though the waiter was just wording it in a way to give himself and extra 10% tip. Seemed a bit shady.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Since the restaurant prices are very high in Copenhagen, I was expecting super high prices in Nyhavn, the tourist hot spot nr. 1 in the city. Wrong. It isn't more expensive there. I got a great beef burger with very tasty french fries at Restaurant Nyhavn C. I never order burgers at a restaurants so this was an exception. A good exception.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

After walking the length of Nyhavn I decided to eat here. After I was seated I advised of my lactose allergy and there was no compromising or accommodation from them. They simply would not change the menu and that ordering a burger without cheese was an exception. I went elsewhere and received service with a smile and a willingness to help. Avoid!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Stopped here for dinner as it was one of the many eateries along the canal and a seat under cover was available even at this time of night it was still quite warm. I ordered the beef Burger and my wife ordered the Fish and Chips. The staff although limited were very friendly and the meals came with no fuss. All were well prepared and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to others but do note that smoking is still allowed during meals in Copenhagen.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Stopped here for some breakfast - Croissant and bacon and eggs and coffee. Not too many people at this time of day or year. Service was great. Enjoyed the meal sitting there in the sun without any crowds.

Date of visit: October 2017