All reviewssea viewkronborg castlenew winglovely hoteljunior suiteclassic hotelan optionbeach hotelamazing locationbusiness tripplenty of choicevisited this hotelenjoyed every minutenewer roomseasy walkold charmbalcony door
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a busy business trip. Despite that I left relaxed and inspired by this stylish hotel that unobtrusively caters for your every need. The hotel was right on the waterfront overlooking Sweden. Highlights were breakfast on the beach and early morning strolls to Kronborg Castle. An inspiration for Shakespeare’s Hamlet banquet scene. My room was exquisite roomy, everything I needed to hand. I fell in love with Denmark in this trip & also the Marienlyst!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Josefine L, Guest Relations Manager at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Dear Nursedibdob,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback.

We are truly pleased to hear of how much you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as one of our rooms.

I will make sure to pass on your positive feedback to our teams. In the meantime, we all look very much forward to hopefully welcoming you back on your next journey to Denmark.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Good place to stay for a visit to Kronborg. It’s a very big hotel and it was busy and noisy when we arrived on Saturday afternoon. We had to wait some time for a lift - there was only one lift to serve quite a large wing of the hotel. We had a standard room and it was clean and reasonably spacious. It had 2 comfortable chairs, and seats on the balcony. It didn’t have air con, but had an overhead fan. It was hot during the night, but not noisy, even with balcony door open. The Brasserie was expensive but the food was well worth it.
The staff on reception were kind and helpful. We needed help sorting out on onward booking problem and more could not have been done.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Josefine L, Gæsteansvarlig at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback after your stay at Marienlyst Strandhotel. Your feedback is appreciated, as we always strive to improve the guest experience as well as our facilities and services.

We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay here and we just forwarded your kind words to all of our colleges in the reception.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us on another occasion, should you wish to return to Helsingør.

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

I am staying for one night - 17-18 May, 2018. surprised that basic problems were hard to solve. The fan in the room would not stop in 30-40 min after turning it off, so I asked someone from reception to come and stop it. Simple amenities were absent: I asked for a shoe-horn and and it was impossible to get. Wifi was almost impossible to use - and the response was that the hotel “was too close to Sweden”. And my request to delay the check-out for 1-2 hours was rejected, even though the whole hotel was booked for our event, so they could be more attentive. Definitely not 4-stars hotel service and attitude.

Stayed: May 2018
Josefine L, Guest Relations Manager at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Dear Paruyr H,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback from your stay at Marienlyst Strandhotel.

I am sorry that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations, and can assure you that all your valuable feedback will be taken forward. All your experiences are below our standards and please accept our deepest apology.

We hope you enjoyed your time in Helsingør.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

A delightful 2 night stay while my husband attended a conference. Newly renovated rooms overlooking the Denmark/Sweden passage and Kronborg Palace (claim to fame inspired Shakespeare Hamlet,) Easy hour train trip directly from airport or town centre. 15min easy walk into delightful Town scattered with cafes and shops. 5mins walk beautiful Marienlyst Castle. Breakfast just OK but would be better with higher standard coffee machine or more variety of foods ( Australians need good coffee!). Spa and infinity pool amazing. Well done on renovations as beautiful and relaxing

Room Tip: Newly renovated rooms overlooking Sweden and channel
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Josefine L, Guest Relations Manager at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Dear Kate D,

Thank you very much for this kind and comprehensive review. We are sure that this will be a big help for other travelers.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here in Helsingør, and that you found our unique location to be convenient and liked our newly opened spa.

With regards to your wish for coffee and more variety of foods for breakfast we will forward your feedback to our Chef.

Thank you again. I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I attended a conference at this hotel and stayed here for 3 nights. My room didn’t have a view to the sea but was quite spacious and nice. It was quiet at nights so I had no trouble resting. On the second day I reported early in the morning that the lights in my bathroom were not working, I went back for a break after lunch and still were not working so I reported it again... later in the evening everything was the same so I went down and luckily I found a very nice member of the staff who went to check it with me and within 5 minutes moved me to a new room. Other than that everything was really nice!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Josefine L, Guest Relations Manager at Marienlyst Strandhotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Dear Gabalam,

Thank you very much for this kind review.

We are very pleased to hear that you found everything very nice during your business stay and that you were satisfied with both the room and quietness.

We are sorry for the inconvenience with the bathroom light. We will forward your feedback to our Reception Manager so she can follow up on this matter, since it is below our normal standards.

We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again.