All reviews nice staff small city yogurt city centre breakfast buffet is basic hotel clean rooms floor control desk vegetables duvet corridor
Reviewed September 18, 2018

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Sanna F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Plaza Umea, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Staff was very nice.To bad the relax was closed. The gym was small and extremely basic.Spotless and clean rooms. Ice machine broken. The soap was of a horrible brand, BYO recommended. Never heard of the FACE brand, but it was not impressive..Breakfast staff worked hard to keep up, and did a really good job. But many things had run after one hour and even more at 9-ish. It was sad that the most yummy things was in limited supply, better use smaller spoons, or cut it in smaller pieces so it lasts longer, then put out lots and run out.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Hi
We are glad that we could give you a nice service. Next time you stay hopfully the our new relax and gym on the 14 floor would be open :)
I will contact the breakfast manager and present your complaints. We would also like to get in touch with you, please send us an email to plazaumea@scandichotels.com

Reviewed August 27, 2018

No complaints. My room looked like a college dorm room, very simple. It was warm enough to feel comfortable throughout the hotel. The top floor has an awesome sauna with a great view of downtown Umea and the waterfront. The front desk wasn't too friendly though. Breakfast was so great!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Sanna F, Shiftleader Reception at Scandic Plaza Umea, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Hi Edwin R,
Thanks for your review.

I am glad to hear that you was happy with your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the Front desk, I am going to talk with the one you met.

Welcome back to Scandic Plaza and Umeå.
Kind regards, Frida Shiftleader Reception

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights on business. I felt the hotel was lacking some of the basics that you’d normally expect from any other mid-range hotel such as complimentary toiletries in the rooms, water tea and coffee. All I had was a soap dispenser on the wall. Not great.
The room decor was fine, beds comfy. Bar area and breakfast was good. Mixed review here but I would definitely pick a better hotel for the same money for my next trip to Umea.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hi,
I am sad to hear that you are dissatisfied with your stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to us again.
Kind regards, Frida Shiftleader Reception

Reviewed August 16, 2018

My wife and I stayed here 1 night. Location is superb being just over 1 block west of the main plaza, overlooking the river, and a COOP supermarket across the street.
Arriving by train at 12:40 PM, we walked here and our nice receptionist said our room was ready (he also provided excellent info to find Bus #2 direct to Västerbottens Museum).
Took one of the 2 elevators up to our large 3rd floor queen finding 2 duvets, nightstands, desk with chair, easy chair and small couch, refer, and nicely outfitted bathroom.
The 6:30 AM breakfast buffet is complete with excellent food, including gluten free, combined with spacious sitting areas. Wonderful stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor or above
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Sanna F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Plaza Umea, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your kind detailed review. It makes me glad to see you had a good stay with us! Hope we will welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Kind regards,