Firstly my gripes:
1) Bed too soft - both myself and my colleague got sore backs!
2) The space in the shower doors - there is a space under and in the middle of the shower doors which therefore soaks the tiny bathroom and the bath matt
The hotel itself is very nice and the restaurant excellent (especially the steak).
The rooms are modern and have everything you need for business (fast free internet).
I would choose to stay here for business but not for pleasure - the rooms are quite small and despite having a double room you get 2 single duvet covers.
I have also stayed at the best western and, despite it being not nearly as modern, I had a huge room and a better breakfast there (and it probably cost less and is in a better location!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Avenue Hotel is a design hotel located in central Umeå. The hotel is designed for those with high demands on quality and service and seeking an accommodation with exciting and different surroundings. All rooms are equipped with Carpe Diem beds, rain shower and mini bar. Hotel suites include jacuzzi and sauna.Guests have free Wi-Fi and free access to Formtoppen, one of the city's best gym located in the same building.The hotel's own restaurant, Angelini, serves à la carte dishes inspired by the Italian and American cuisine. If you prefer a snack or just a drink, you have the pleasant lounge bar. For those who prefer rustic pub food, beer or whiskey, you are welcome to join us at our own pub, The Pipes of Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your ProfilHotels Hotel Aveny reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aveny Hotel Umeå