“Amazing authentic Chinese food”
Review of Eastern Tea House

Eastern Tea House
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Umea
Reviewed 29 November 2016

This is one of the most authentic Chinese meals I have had in Europe. Their starter/dumpling selection is amazing. I managed to have a full meal eating only starters. Also great for vegans and vegetarians with some nice quirky options. Staff was very friendly and checked in with us regularly to see if we wanted more dumplings. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This is one of the best meals I have had all year - and by far the most interesting meal I have had in a Chinese restaurant in Sweden. The food tasted authentic - unlike the sweet and sour deep fried nonsense that pass for Asian cuisine in most places. The service was excellent and the price more than reasonable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere (think red, black, grey and lacquered wood--it is a tea house). There are about 10 lunch options, mostly steamed dumplings, sushi, or sashimi in some combination. There is also one fried dumpling dish, one noodle dish and one Thai inspired dish. The meals come with a miso-inspired soup (with cilantro, which was great).
I went with the steamed dumpling. They weren't as good as a couple places I had them, but we're better than most. I added a beer and it cost me 138kr

Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

This place is great for a family dinner or after work with friends, there is something for everyone. I recommend the dumplings, its their speciality. This is by far the best value for money restaurant in Umeå!

Reviewed 6 July 2015

Eastern Tea House is a subsidiary of its neighbour Eastern Palace. It was my adult son who is an admirer of Asian lifestyle that took us here for dinner. We ordered a variety of dishes that we shared both as starter and then main course.

The food is less main stream than usual for Asian-style restaurants in Europe. Service was attentive, but it was not that difficult as the number of guests was low on this Saturday evening. Most of the diners went for the mainstream neighbour instead.

I definitely look forward to my next visit.