All reviews nice bed basic hotel in town keys cafe sleep reception tv
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Sleep is important to me, and a TV blasting at five in the morning definitely places a wet blanket squarely over the rest of my week. It seems a previous guest had used the TV as an alarm clock, a function I didn’t even know existed. A note, or even better, to ensure it is off as part of the room cleaning checklist, would be a welcome change.

The room was tidy and clean enough except for some dust balls under the bed and a thick hair, which best case was a chest hair, on prominent display on the bathroom shelf.

This is the first trip I have decided not to pack shampoo and shower soap as I have not come across a single hotel in the last 10 years where this has not been provided, and of course this is what happened this time. There is a hand soap dispenser over the sink though.

Breakfast is offered in a cafe in the same building. As far as I could tell there was no warm breakfast to be had, and I could find two kinds of margarine but no butter. The cafe appears to have a religious affiliation as there are bible verses on the walls and promotional material in the literature racks.

If you don’t want to give away your facebook details to get wifi access make sure to ask for a code at reception, it is not on the info sheet provided at check-in.

When I booked there were several other similarly priced hotels to choose from. I don’t know how they compare, but I do know that at this price I expect a bit more from hotels in other cities in Sweden.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
510706, Ägare at Hotell Focus, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Dear David! Many thanks for the feedback, it's important for us to know how you experience your stay. I've read and will take actions about your comments. Welcome back! /Niclas, GM

Reviewed July 18, 2017

After our car broke down on the motorway and we got towed to "Vik" (like the tow truck fellow said), we kinda thought that finding a dog friendly hotel won't be problem. But it was, until we found Hotell Focus. And even better, the location was perfect (in town centre), only short walk to a pizzeria, a grocery, bus stops - and the car repair shop at the Viktoria Esplanade. Spent there two nights in June 26-28, 2017.

Although the room was not large enough to fit in an extra bed for our daughter, we did not get bothered. The room was nice and clean, tea/coffee available, a fridge, clean bathroom, fresh towels, nice bed (TV? I don't even recall, if there was any, I bet there was, but we didn't pay attention to it). There was all we needed.

We really liked the guys at the reception; laid-back, with a witty sense of humour. They were very happy to find us an extra smart phone charger (our own one was in the car repair shop, of course), help us to find a free parking place for the second night (once we got the car back), make us a super breakfast bag ready for leaving super early (at 5 am) etc.. Thank a ton, dudes!

The breakfast, served at the "symbiotic" restaurant downstairs, was very tasty and plenty. Organic coffee, berries, fruits...

We love to sleep with an open window (for cool fresh air), unfortunately there was a road work going nearby which woke us up at 7am. Just a minor thing, and temporal.

A tip to the hotel: what would be good to have in a pet room is a water bowl.

So summa summarum: we were happy with our stay, the prize/experience -ratio was very balanced and after the first shock caused by the broken car, we were very happy to extend our holiday trip for two more days in "Vik". :-)

PS . Caution: there is a huge outlet for trekking stuff in Örnsköldsvik. We went there, a serious mistake: we spent there half a day and all our money... :-)

Room tip: Please, see above. If you travel with a dog/pet, and need a room in Örnsköldsvik, this is it.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
510706, Ägare at Hotell Focus, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thanks Tapio! I hope the journey home went well! Please come back again! Regards /Niclas

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Great management. Best vibe out of all the hotels in Örnsköldsvik! Very friendly towards hikers. Great place to start/finish the High Coast Trail. Cafe UH just around the corner also very nice and open surprisingly late.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
510706, Ägare at Hotell Focus, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Thanks Bergs12! We try our best in every situation. Very warm welcome back! /Niclas

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Rooms are clean and not cold (it was freezing outside), bed is comfortable. The breakfast is very good. Check in check out were very easy. The price is really reasonable. I will come back here for my next visit in rhis city.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
510706, Ägare at Hotell Focus, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2017

Thank for your Feedback JE6962! It's important for us to know how we deliver. Very warm welcome back the next time you visit Örnsköldsvik! Regards /Niclas

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Stayed in town for two days for work. Nice, location. Great help at the front desk. The attached Cafe UH had great desserts, and good food as well. The rooms are small, as expected, but clean and a comfortable bed.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
510706, Ägare at Hotell Focus, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

Hello Kuvaszfan! Thank you for the feedback. This is what make us develop for the future. We are glad the accommodation was pleasant.
Very warm Welcome back the next time.
/Niclas