“Fancy food in a fancy location”

Klitterhus Havsbadshotell o Restaurang
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Angelholm
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2018

The food made a better impression on the plate than in our mouths. It was fine, I suppose, but for the price, I expected excellent food. Let's put it this way, Gordan Ramsay wouldn't like it. The meat was a tad dry. On a positive note the staff was really nice and accommodating, and the view was simply breathtaking.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for business. I can see this could be a lovely place in the summer but it's out of the season in November. Nobody was waiting for us as we arrived and we had to call a number to get the entry code. I was unlucky to get a room without a shower and a toilet and was unhappy. But who could I complain to ? There was nobody around. Breakfast was okay but settling the billl was slow. A bit sloppy overall, I think

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We took a last minute booking at the Klitterhus hotel since we got a discount code and didn't have to pay that much for one night, on the pictures the hotel looked just lovely.
Less so in real life.

We got a ground floor room facing the parking with huge windows that made us feel like we lived in a fish bowl for everyone to watch us. Luckily they had some curtains covering almost everything. Sad tho having to cover up.

Anyway this felt like the smallest problem.
Our first thought getting in to the room was - "oh how nice" .. for about 30 seconds.
The more we looked around the more flaws we saw, and not small flaws (please look the pictures)

I have no idea what have happened to this hotel, it said just renovated and newly opened in 2017, maybe the owners got ripped of from the building company or something but worst quality is hard to find.
I mean where do I even begin?!!

The floor is crooked and are missing baseboards, there are holes in the walls, the shelves are not even straight, the bathroom light is something from a horror movie, holes in the cheats, broken curtains, and the list just goes on and on.....
They have used the cheapest materials they could have found on the market and probably got 10 minutes per room to renovated it.
The only thing that felt all new was the towels, since they were never washed, I got white fluff all over me after drying.

So not only was the room extremely poor and all people walking by could see right in to the room, it was also extremely hot! I'm a person that are always cold but I was sweating like a pig, got a headache and was drinking loads of water, this was not even on a hot day, around 16c and rain.
We tried to open the windows but it didn't feel save to sleep with them open since it's on the ground floor and the windows are as big as the door, also there were too much noise from the outside.

We decided to try out the restaurant for dinner since at least the restaurant got very high scored on TripAdvisor.
The food was alright, it looked much better than it tasted, almost like the room. And expensive!

The waitresses was also just alright, young and unexperienced. One girl dropped some chocolate pieces from the dessert on the floor but just ignored it when the guests at the table commented it and she also just let it stay on the floor like a big splatter.
Also a few of the waitresses were wearing dirty sneakers when serving which didn't look very nice next to the white interior. I understand you need to run and stand up for hours but at least bring clean shoes to wear indoors and not your running sneakers filled with mud...

The interior in the restaurant also feels like "a good try went bad", there are still holes in the walls/roof, crooked wall panels and cheap floor that are squealing when you walk on it. Oh and did I mention the restaurant was extremely hot too? You got a beautiful view from the windows tho!

The feeling of the hotel is like if someone have had a nice idea that could have been something good if the owner wasn't too cheap or poor to spend the money required to actually pull it together.

I'm so happy we didn't pay the full price.
Next time I'll pay a few hundred kronor extra to get an actually nice hotel.

Reviewed June 21, 2017

We were there for the Sunday buffet lunch. Food was plentiful and good and staff was nice and friendly. Of course the location right on the beach with the bay in front of you is what makes this a place you need to visit.

1  Thank Anders E
Reviewed January 10, 2017

Lovely place right on the sea. Food very Scandinavian so excellent. Rooms with sea vieuw. Best kept secret for a short break