“The worst hotel; the best staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Djingis Khan

Hotel Djingis Khan
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Lund
Azores
“The worst hotel; the best staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

I’m going to burn in hell for this review…
I cannot say enough good things about the staff of this hotel. I stayed there for three nights, last week, while attending a conference in Lund; I’ve never felt more welcome in any place I’ve been. They are courteous, professional and friendly. The guy that runs the restaurant/bar is brilliant and he cooked me one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time (for those of you who like Italian/Mediterranean). The people responsible for cleaning are impeccable and my room could not have been cleaner if I’d done it myself.
And the burn in hell part: this must have been the worst hotel I’ve been to (I’m sorry). This is supposed to be a 4* but would have a tough time getting a 3* rating in Portugal. From the time I spotted the entrance and the reception to the time I entered my room I knew I was in trouble (I’m really sorry). Someone said that it was decorated Victorian-style; well, there are certain elements that will point you that way, but for the most part, it doesn’t look antique; it looks old (and there’s a big difference). The room was small and so was the bed (the wardrobe, or whatever you want to call that thing, was simply miniscule; it fitted two suits and three shirts just barely). The bathroom didn’t have a tub, just a shower that looked like the one my grandmother had (I’m really, really sorry).
Bottom line: would I stay at this hotel again? No, but I would at least have dinner there. Would I recommend it? It depends on what you value most: the furniture and the paint on the walls or the people working there (for vacations, the latter seems to me very important).
I would be delighted if they were to upgrade that place; there’s no way they could upgrade the people. A big thanks to them all (and, I’m so sorry).
Paulo.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pcarreiro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stenlose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2008

I have stayed at this hotel twice for a total of three nights. The hotel is a bit hard to find - even the second time I was there. The instructions on their website are not optimal. Bring a good map or ask for a detailed, free map of Lund at a local gas station. Fast check in, clean room. The hotel is in a quiet residential area - you can sleep with the windows open. On weekday nights they offer good food in the evening for residents at about 175 SEK. Nice lounge with free fruit, coffee, etc. Stable high-speed internet, which is free. Great breakfast. I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Danishtraveller1
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2006

I found this hotel to be charming and its management accommodating. I have stayed at the Djingis Khan 3 times and have been more than satisfied each time. The last trip I had 12 senior nursing students with me at this hotel and everyone rated the accommodations as excellent. I am taking another group of students there next month (5/06)

• Stayed May 2003, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2004

The hotel was ok, the personell very friendly except the manager, the breakfast even greater. The manager tried to trick my friend paying the double amount for the room he had been staying in ($500 extra) it was enough for me. No doubt it was made on purpose. Stay away from this hussler.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Lund hotels