“Picked up a takeaway, 100% recommend ”
Review of Turkish Kitchinn

Turkish Kitchinn
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Hockley
Price range: US$16 - US$52
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

They don't do delivery as of now, we went to pick it up, the food was lovely and hot and the portions are massive, everyone was so happy with the food, lots of vegetarian options too. The flavour is so authentic and there is so much to choose from, now a favourite place to eat and I will defiantly be returning!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My wife and I visited for the first time last night following the positive reviews posted thus far. Although the restaurant is small and has only just over 30 covers, we were still surprised for a Tuesday evening to find about two thirds of the tables occupied. However, the reason for this soon became apparent as the service, food and atmosphere were all excellent.
We opted for the selection of hot meze to start which included the restaurant's choice of five of the starters. This was probably too large for two people unless you have big appetites but it gave us the opportunity to sample a few of the offerings. The food was very fresh and tasty and nicely presented on a large rectangular platter.
For main course my wife chose Adana Kebab and I opted for the selection of fish both of which were again beautifully presented with a number of accompaniments. The kebab was very tasty as was the selection of fish which was fresh and very nicely cooked as well.
We are not dessert lovers but were too full to consider any even if we were!
Overall, we thought this was a good quality restaurant with excellent food, service and ambience and we look forward to a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Brilliant first visit here this weekend, great food, great service and great ambience. I would say that the upspring of Turkish restaurants in the past few years has been great for me as I love this cuisine and its safe to say I have ate in many such restaurants. I am delighted then to have what seem an exceptionally good one nice and local.

The food was very tasty, superbly presented and good value. The mixed starter platter was excellent as was the mixed main course for two then there was the homemade speciality cake (the name of which I forget - sorry) that was a stunning way to end the meal.

Its a popular place and for good reason, as long as the strong start continues I see this place being the number 1 place for Hockley for quite a time!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Last night was my first visit. Restaurant is very small, filled to capacity and noisy but this made a lovely change from lots of quiet local eateries. Probably best to book. We had a very warm welcome, service was quick and efficient even though it was so busy. The food was fabulous, beautifully presented and very tasty. Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank annette g
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Came here the first week it opened and had an amazing meal. I had the mixed grill (£19) and it was perfect. Came back 2 weeks later and had the same again but unfortunately the mixed grill had less on it (1 tiny lamb rib instead of 3, no tomatoes etc). Real shame as your spending alot of money on a main and only received 3/4 of what I had on my first visit. They need to ensure they are consistent if charging these prices. Top notch food non the less.

2  Thank Djboaty123