1,382 results
All reviews department store greta garbo art deco style flower market concert hall beautiful hotel central location cocktail bar nice bar junior suite location is great amazing breakfast shopping area without windows arlanda express small room business trip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First impression was amazing! Loved the foyer, 1920th music and the movies themes.
Check-in went friendly and efficient and I was given a room on the 5th floor.
It’s a bit if a maze if strange numbering - in fact I seen a lit of new arriving guests being “lost”.
The room was small but stunning decor. Absolutely lived it. Even the bathroom with the rain shower had a great tiling.
The room was very quite- it was in some quiet alley and away from the elevator.
Even with the rooms beside me habited I didn’t hear anything.
The breakfast had a great choice of cereal, fruits, cold meats, cheese and salmon and hering as well as the warm Buffet with boiled eggs, crispy bacon, mini hotdog, scrambled egg, pan cakes and mushrooms - which is oddly on the way out of the restaurant past the elevator so you bump into other guests arriving or leaving the hotel or restaurant.
I usually went for breakfast at 6.30 and indeed it filled up quickly at 7.00.
The gym is even more odd- the “Cardio” room with a treadmill, bike and cross trainer is open from 5-24.00 but the garden gym with the weights, yoga mats was only open at 7 until 22.00.
So if one wanted to do some stretches after the Cardio or pumping some weights you have to wait until 7.
The location is very central and very close to the number 1 bus stop and Tunnelbana Hötorget.
The market outside is nice with seasonal fresh fruit and veg and beautiful flowers.
The indoor market has some nice food stalls.
Overall I really enjoyed the stay

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of Stockholm's most of iconic hotels, enjoying a prime situation in the Hotorget Square, and occupying a vast converted department store building.

Just a few years ago the hotel was renovated and it's evident that a lot of money was ploughed into this - there are amazing Art Deco touches throughout and it really creates a great vibe. Arriving each day to the red carpet outside and loudspeakers playing jazz tunes was really quite nice, and even our bedroom was decorated in keeping with the Art Deco theme.

The room was reasonable size - we went for the next level up from standard but it certainly wasn't large. We had emailed beforehand for a high up room and they allocated us a seventh floor room with rooftop views which were lovely to wake up to. The room was certainly lacking storage space though, offering just a wardrobe and nothing else. However everything else was great, from the heated floor of the bathroom and the rainfall shower to the large flat screen TV and excellent seating area.

Perhaps the only major issue for me was the breakfast service. On the weekend we arrived to find no seats available at the main restaurant and had to sit upstairs where the buffet was much smaller. On another day we had to wander for about five minutes before a table was free. Nothing huge but certainly irritating. In terms of food offering, the cooked selection was pretty poor but the fruit, cheeses, meats, juices, pastries etc were all excellent.

In terms of location, the hotel is good but not great. It's a ten minute fast walk to the old town (Gamla Stan) and around thirty minutes to the popular Djurgarden (where most of the museums are).

Personally, I loved the style and found the hotel really decent. It's in a fairly good location (the city is laid out in an awkward manner so no hotel will be perfect here) but I think the breakfast issues stops me giving a five star review.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Haymarket as part of our our 3 city tour of Scandinavia, it was by far the best of the 3 Hotels we stayed in.
The decor of the hotel was excellent with the room well furnished. The American theme bar had a great ambience with swing blues and jazz played all the time.
My only criticism was the very small double room we had which made it difficult to move around.
Excellent hotel well recommended!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Perfectly located 5 minutes walk from the Central bus station/ Arlanda express train. An old dep. store building which has been converted to a hotel. very nice rooms facing the market and the Concert House of Stockholm. Very nice Breakfast choice.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Great location and super friendly staff! My room was very comfortable and I loved the rain shower... Buffet bkf was decent but very crowded around 9am... Make sure to try American Cocktail Bar - James was my favourite best bartender!! :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business