All reviews central station private bathroom excelent location dorm room place to stay your luggage bunk beds common areas walking distance first floor old town rooms are clean t centralen nice bar the ground floor by foot short stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros:
- Location very close to the train station, and walking distance to the old town
- I stayed in a double room with private bathroom and it was clean and quiet. I also liked the very confortable bed.
- Walking tours starting from the hotel each morning. (But there are not tours organized by the hostel but the regular free walking tours that you have to pay in the end).

Cons:
- Double room quite expensive even for Stockolm standard (and breakfast was not included on my booking)
- The hotel is huge so it's not the easiest place to meet other travellers.
- I had to pay extra for lockers
- The activity organized the night I was there didn't seem to be happening (Video game night)

My advice: Go on the fun walking tours if you want to meet other travellers

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
BrentG507, Manager at Generator Hostel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there juliancarax31!

Yewwww! Thanks for the thorough 4 circle review! Really stoked to see that you like so much about our place :-) Seems like you had a super nice time with us here and also in Stockholm!

Cheers also for the cons :-) Super nice to get constructive feedback so we can look to improve what we are doing. We really appreciate this a lot!

We wish you safe travels and hope to catch you next time!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was clean with nice quasi-IKEA decor, though the bunk bed was short especially considering this is a Swedish hostel. Travellers there tend to mind their own business, and not interact - it has more of a Salvation Army Shelter atmosphere than a hostel. It does not take cash - credit card only, and staff were rude, talked to me with disdain as if I was wasting their time

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank TMillerCA

Hej TMillerCA!

Thanks for the super honest review! We really appreciate the transparency and openness with your feedback! Great to read that you loved our cleanliness and Nordic inspired design :-)

I see that we weren't quite your cup of tea (which is totally fine) but I will address some the points you raised :-) The beds are a standard 190cm long. We do our very best to build a fun collective atmosphere but if travelers want to blog away and surf the net, that is cool as well :-) We take card payment for all room and beds as it is the most safest option of payment for everyone. We of course take cash in the bar and travel shop. We receive stellar feedback about our crew so I can't warrant a deeper response there.

We hope you had a blast in Stockholm on the whole and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for two nights in a mixed 6 dorm
Bathroom setup is basic, but powerful shower and very warm.
Beds were comfortable, just would like to have windows which open to let the air in.

Breakfast was very nice and better than some hotels previously stayed in.

Atmosphere is good as the hostel is so large. Free table football and beer pong tables.

Good list of bars to go to.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
BrentG507, Manager at Generator Hostel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Jono F!!!

That's a pretty sweet 4 TA circkes out of 5! We will take it! Super stoked to see that you got plenty of bang for your buck here and enjoyed the beer pong and fooseball tables! :-D Cool to see you took note of the staff recommendations too!

Hope you had a blast here in Stockholm and we will catch you next time!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed for a few nights in a mixed 4 beds room, not the first time, but was quite surprised finding two elderly men (60+) along with me and one other girl in the same room. It had more of a hotel feel or rather a ship with same long narrow corridors and a random mix of guests. The bar was empty during my whole stay and nothing going on, not something one would see in a hostel.
Good things: the en-suit bathroom was gorgeous, location is brilliant, staff was very nice and coffee was good.

Room Tip: Avoid mixed rooms if you want to sleep well
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank anneyaa

Hi there anneyaa!

Thanks so much for the open and honest review! We really appreciate the feedback! Stoked to read that you loved so much about our place along with the delicious coffee :-) Point taken about the room mates and the overall vibe, we are working on this constantly. At any time you can swing to the crew and let us know how you feel!

Wish you safe travels and we hope to see you back here super soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I've stayed at the Generator Hostel for two nights and it has been quite perfect. You walk less than 10 minutes to the central station and the city centre as well. There are shops and restaurants around. The hostel itself is very comfortable! Clean, nice furniture, and quite relaxed (not too noisy). You can meet people at the bar/lounge easily. The rooms are super, 6 beds and very comfortable, with an own bathroom. Wow! I definitely will keep booking a Generator hostel for my next trip!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
ElenaC5555, Manager at Generator Hostel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Hey elliglombi! :)

Thanks so much for your sweet feedback! :) We are really glad to read you had a great stay with us! Also a big thanks for enjoying the location, furniture, atmosphere..It was a pleasure for all us taking care of you, and we really hope we can do it again soon! :)

Safe travels until then,