1,445 results
All reviews small island skeppsholmen island quiet island museum of modern art military barracks ferry stop moderna museet gamla stan swedish design sea view bathroom sink old town vasa museum city centre design hotel lovely hotel amusement park
Reviewed September 2, 2018

On island close proximity to amusement park, water activities and downtown Stockholm. Quiet area, but very accessible and lovely park-like setting. Delicious breakfast generally included. Staff very helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: 2nd floor possibly quieter and better views. Rooms cozy comfortable. Old/new Swedish architecture with contemporary accents.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Deae Guest,

Thank you so much for this nice review and as always it has been read by my team.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location is unique! Stockholm consists of 14 islands and we are located on one of the smallest and greenest with all Stockholm attractions within walking distance so I am very pleased that you enjoyed our location.

Best and I hope to see you back soon again to our Eco friendly hotel.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

I'm not sure where to start. Everything about this hotel is first class. The front desk staff are not only thoughtful, helpful, and kind, but they always offer a smile and sincere help. I'm an international traveler and my luggage was delayed three full days and they helped with finding basic necessities and didn't blink twice when I arrived each day for breakfast in my traveling clothing. Also when we had an issue with securing a city bike for exploring the city, the manager Katherine went above and beyond and made sure we had success when trying our second attempt at getting the bike when the system failed us. I cannot express my sincere thanks enough for the quality of service this hotel offers. In all honesty it is a bit tough to write this review because I selfishly want to be able to book easily another adventure to Stockholm and stay at Hotel Skeppsholmen, and if I say how wonderful they are, it might be more challenging to secure a reservation. Personal feeling aside, I can honestly say this is one of my favorite destinations on the planet and I'm extremely well traveled.

Room Tip: All rooms were nice.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what great one to receive.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We strive to give an informal and personal service and want our guests to feel like they are staying in their Stockholm home so I am so glad to read your comments about the service from my team.
Rest assured they have read your review.

Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon again to our Eco friendly hotel.

Best,

Reviewed August 24, 2018

This is an amazing hotel, located on the island of Spekksholmen, centrally located and yet quiet and peaceful. The place is beautifully designed, rooms are stylish and tastefully furbished, Breakfast is a feast and dinner menu at the restaurant is superb. Staff is kind and helpful and especially a young gentlemen called Carl who helped us with everything we needed.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this great review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our location, our scandi interior, our popular complimentary breakfast buffet to our restaurant Långa Raden and our Head Chef Alexander Carnolf and the Swedish cuisine he serves.
Extra glad to read your comments about the service from my team, rest assured they have read your review.

Best and I hope we will see you back soon again to our Eco friendly hotel.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Skeppsholmen is a beautiful little park-like island in the middle of Stockholm. The island is mostly under the control of the arts council, which explains the large number of museums, which has a single hotel.

The hotel is a beautiful and peaceful get-away in the middle of the city. While there is a bus, I walked both to the old town (about 1 mile) and to the Wasa museum (about 1.5 miles). The room itself was comfortable and very large. The decor was somewhat modern and funky, befitting the art museums on the island. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only knock is the breakfast, which was only okay. Eating out on the patio was wonderful though.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a nice one to receive.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yes! We are very glad to read that you enjoyed our amazing neighbors the Modern Museum and the Architect and Design Museum.
In October the National Museum will open up after a 5 year renovation and it’s just “ down the road “ from us.
Hope you enjoyed the iconic Wasa Museum and I hope you know you can take the charming ferry from us to the island of Djurgården were it’s located and the ferry ride only takes 2 minutes.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you back soon again.

Best,

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Heotell Skeppsholmen is really well situated close to City Island and Gamla Stan. It’s relatively quiet at night as once the museums have closed, there is only the hotel and a quite good restaurant and bar ( Torpedo) on the island. It is ideal if you don’t mind a quick cycle or walk into the main bustle.

Hotel is charming; front of house staff helpful, efficient and friendly. Breakfast extremely good. Weather was excellent during our stay and we were able to eat outside.

Standard room a little compact - pared down Swedish design - but ideal for a city break. If you stay here, ask for a room facing the water. I should imagine the side into the island little boring!

Lovely gardens and tennis courts.

We are looking to returning in the winter.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and as always it has been read by my team.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Pleased to read that you enjoyed our outdoor tennis court. It was Sweden’s first out door tennis court when it was built 1882 by King Oscar II.
It’s quite unique to play tennis next to the water with amazing views over the harbour of Stockholm and still in the city centre.

Best and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon again to our Eco friendly hotel.