1,445 results
All reviews small island skeppsholmen island quiet island museum of modern art military barracks ferry stop moderna museet gamla stan swedish design sea view bathroom sink old town vasa museum city centre design hotel lovely hotel amusement park
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Had dinner with relatives and friends in September. I cannot praise this restaurant highly enough from the classy surroundings, friendly and professional service and quality. \The highlight must have been the desserts. without any question, the best choice and quality of desserts I have had in many a year.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
KristineG513, Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this lovely review!

Very glad to hear that you liked the restaurant and our place so much. Also very happy to hear that you find our service so good, we really try to have that relaxed professional feeling. Anna, our restaurant manager, is really doing a good job! Now I’m curious what dessert you had?

Hope you will be back soon!

All the best,
Kristine Gärdström
Hotel manager

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

The most beautiful hotel hidden in the island, super modern and nice! The food is super delicious at the restaurant with super service and personal attention! Lina the girl at the restaurant - you are the best one! Thank you for your hospitality! Look forward to come back!!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this wonderful review! Nice reading.

Skeppsholmen is one of the greenest islands in our beautiful capital and it’s very nice this time of the year.

Very glad to read that you had a good time in the restaurant. Our staff always read the reviews but I will make sure that Lina reads this one! We are very proud of the food and the relaxed atmosphere we have.

Hope to see you back at our Eco-friendly hotel soon again!

All the best,
Kristine Gärdström
Hotel manager

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Simply can't say enough about this gem of a place! I'll start with the fact it's a renovated World War building. they managed to keep the feel of a historic landmark with updated decor & amenities.

The bathrooms are spectacular! Heated floors, heated mirrors and showers that allow different water pressure. And the sink is something very unusual but it totally ended up making more sense than traditional "bowl" sinks.

The staff all speak perfect English and were so extremely helpful. Karl especially. He gave great food recommendations and even scheduled reservations for us.

The ONLY reason I didn't give it a 5* is the beds and pillows were not very comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a nice one to receive.

We fuses ancient with modern! Our historical buildings who were built for King Karl XII soldiers year 1699 to our very scandi interior by Swedish interior firm Claesson Koivisto Rune.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and extra glad to read your comments about the service from my team, rest assured they have read your review.

Sorry that our beds wasn’t to your taste, we normally get very good feedback about our Swedish Duxiana beds.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again to to our Eco friendly hotel.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. The location is superb - a quiet island packed with classic Baltic naval architecture, yet only 10 mins walk from central Stockholm. The history as an old naval barracks gives a unique atmosphere, but the thoughtful renovation oozes classic Scandinavian minimalism. The staff are very polite and the breakfast buffet was excellent. I also enjoyed the Swedish meatballs. One of my favourite hotels in my favourite city.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this great review and as always it has been read by my team.

We fuses ancient with modern! Our historical buildings from 1699 who are on the Swedish 100 list and on par with the Royal Palace to our very Scandi interior by Swedish interior firm Claesson Koivisto Rune.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will see you back soon again.

Best,

Reviewed September 27, 2018

We stayed at the Hotel Skeppsholmen for two nights in September. I think the charm and uniqueness of the property are its best features. It is on a calm peninsula, which makes for a scenic and quiet location, but it is further away from many other attractions, so take that into consideration, depending on what you want to see. I do think for our two nights, it was perfect, but maybe not for longer stays. There is a ferry dock right next to the hotel which is great. I love the design aspects of the hotel, and the included breakfast is wonderful. We had a wonderful room, overlooking the front of the hotel and the water. I would definitely return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this nice review and as always it has been read by my colleagues.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Stockholm is not a large city and consists of 14 islands and the charm with the city is that were ever you stay you have all Stockholm attractions within walking distance.

We are located on one of the smallest and greenest islands and we are very lucky to have the Modern Museum and the Architect and Design Museum as our neighbours and the 13th October the National Museum open up after a 6 year renovation and its only 5 minutes down the road from us.

Very glad to read you enjoyed our scandi interior by Swedish interior firm Claesson Koivisto Rune.

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to see you back soon again to our Eco friendly hotel.