“great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rex Petit

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rex Petit
Ranked #4 of 34 Stockholm B&B and Inns
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

Great hotel for an excellent price! Rooms were nice and clean, nice bathroom and an excellent healthy breakfast! We will definitely come back when we return to stockholm!

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Turnhout, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

great hotel for a low price. Nice and clean rooms with personal bathroom. fantastic and healthy breakfast. free coffee and tea all day long. friendly staff. We will come back!

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Albury, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Our room was very, very small and had no windows (as advised when we booked) however it was very clean and comfortable.

There is free wi-fi available in the rooms and free tea and coffee in the reception. Breakfast is included in the room rate and is of a good standard. The staff were friendly and helpful and accommodated our request for a very early breakfast due to an early check out.

The hotel is located in a quiet area of Stockholm near the Radmansgatan metro station.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Hamish09
HK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Stayed at Rex Petite for a couple of nights. First location, it was not at the Central station but one metro stop away (at Rådmansgatan station). Once out of Rådmansgatan station, it's 3 mins. walk away. As I have the Stockholm Card which offers free transport, it being 1 metro stop away is not a problem for me.

We opt for the private ensuite room. Beware it is REALLY petite and without window. By petite, I'm talking about Asian standard. We are from Hong Kong and are used to crowded places, but this hotel is by far the smallest I have ever stayed in.

However, as I know its smallness before booking, I am fine with it. Actually it has all you need in the petite room - flat panel TV, a nice shower stand with high-class shower ware, a double-deck bed (which is very comfortable with high class bedding), hairdryer in toilet, air-con. I believe the hotel is quite new as it's sparkingly clean.

I am aware that there are rooms with shared toilet / shower. I had asked and it looks like there are only 4 such rooms, and with much bigger space than the private ensuite one. I notice the shared toilet is very clean too.

The breakfast is served in a glass-ceiling room. Unbeatable, lots of choices.....definitely love its breakfast.

Also free computer to online and a coffee machine at the lobby. There actually has a sister hotel (Hellsten) just opposite the road and one can use their sauna facilities. We are too busy going out and never find the time to do so.

If you are looking for reasonably clean, cheap accomodation near the Central Station and don't mind about its small room size, go for it!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank icicle_i
Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

We booked a double room at the Rex "Petite", which forms a part of the Rex Hotel. On arrival, we were surprised to be directed downstairs towards the basement. Our room was a windowless cubicle in the basement! Yes, the bed was a double (there was a single 'bunk' above as well, though I can't imagine how three might fare in such a small space). However, as we had a booking for only two days, we decided not to complain. Once we got used to the tiny space and lack of daylight, we found the room contained what we needed in a very compact form: double bed, space underneath to put suitcases, pegs for hanging clothes, a wall-mounted TV (which we didn't use), and a bathroom of toilet, sink and shower. The room we estimated at 2 metres by 2 metres (6'6" x 6'6"), the bathroom a little less than 1 metre wide by 2 metres long. The weather was hot during our stay, but the room was very well ventilated and from that point of view comfortable. It was also very, very quiet!

if you suffer from claustrophobia, the Rex Petite is not for you. Outside our room was a small but comfortable public space where we sat to read. There was free WiFi and guests had use of a public PC. The breakfasts were in a very pleasant conservatory and provided ample choice of food. The staff were all young, and all very pleasant. There appeared to be about 12 - 15 such small rooms in the basement, but there did appear to be other parts of the hotel (presumably the Rex Not-so-Petite part) with 'normal' hotel rooms and facilities. Would I stay there again? Yes, if what I wanted was a place to sleep and wash, and I was prepared to spend the rest of my time elsewhere. No, if I wanted to go back to my room to relax, read or sit in a comfy chair.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Laukel
Gothenburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2010

Just stayed in the Hotel Rex Petit, in the smallest hotel-room I have ever seen. It felt very much like a train compartment. While the decor is nice and modern and it is very clean, the price is simply too high for what you get.
When I booked the hotel, I first wasn´t aware of the difference between Hotel Rex and Rex Petit. For a single room, I paid approx. 80 €, which would not suggest something that small if one compares with *** star hotels in other larger European Cities. Seems that in Sweden/Stockholm you get away with it. The tiny rooms have bunk-beds, almost no space for a suitcase (no clue how two people should stay there with two pieces of luggage), the tiniest possible sink in a just as tiny bathroom. Yes, it has a flatscreen TV but it is fixed on the wall in a way, that it makes it impossible to watch anything, only if you stand (!) right in front of it (otherwise there was no possible angle, tried it all). Oh, and it hasn´t got windows. In the brochure they put it nicely, that by having no window, you can blend out the stark summer sun. I stayed there in scandinavian winter, where I wished I would have seen some light. On a positive note: friendly staff and free internet.

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

This is perhaps the cheapest room you can get in Stockholm. Yes these rooms in the basement are tiny but they do serve the purpose. Breakfast is included and is in the lovely courtyard. There is 24hr free coffee in the lobby. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a small book exchange.

For my last night I was moved to a better room because there was a bathroom leak in the vicinity of my original room (I reported this problem and to their credit, they dealt with it immediately).

There is a computer in the lobby for free internet use and if that is busy, they'll let you use the one in the Hellsten Hotel across the street as it is under the same management. I ended up doing that as I could not get internet in my room via cable (we tried in two different rooms in the basement). I learned in my new room that the problem was not my laptop it was the non functional jacks in the basement rooms.

Overall an excellent budget choice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business