“A spontaneous visit and a pleasant surprise”
Review of Bistro Bestick

Bistro Bestick
Ranked #10 of 3,529 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Norrmalm
Description: Bistro Bestick is a newly opened informal bistro in the heart of Stockholm's business district. Bistro Bestick serves traditional Swedish dishes as well as internationally-inspired cuisine. The menu on the blackboard changes daily to reflect the season. Classic Swedish food is served in the evenings. The vision of Bistro Bestick is to serve high-quality food at reasonable prices. The restaurant is also popular with the after-work crow because the bar offers carefully-chosen wines and cocktails.
Reviewed March 6, 2016

Actually we got into this place being in the neighbourhood and checking TripAdvisor recommendations for nice places nearby. I was surprised by a negative review with a very professional response from the owners (or the PR responsible) and I decided to give it a shot. Must say that it was a great decision! The pork was one of the best I ve ever had (and I m coming from a country where you eat pork every week and all my friends have mothers and grandmother cooking pork all the winter and festive dinners over Christmas). Also the fish was delicious. I took Creme Bruce for dessert and even if it s such a classic, I loved it. The wine (recommend by the bartender) was quite matching the food. I appreciated the service a lot. Another impressing corner was the bathroom (they took care of offering hand creme Molton Brown, on the shelves there were all sorts of shampoos and other stuff with a homie touch. All in one, I ll definitely visit again soon. Aaaa... one minor detail to be improved: the octopus from the starters was a bit chewy.

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed March 4, 2016 via mobile

Visited this small out of the way bistro last night. I had the potato pancake starter and my wife had the octopus. Both were well presented, good sized portions and tasted great. We both had the meatballs and again very well presented and best meatballs and mash I have had for years. Staff are also very friendly and attend to your needs well. A defo visit again when in Stockholm. Big tip though, reserve a table before you go.

Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

We found this place based on the reviews, and we were not disappointed. The food is Swedish, but with a twist. Well prepared and full of taste. We had salmon for starter and another dish, which I cannot name, but both were delicious. For main course, we had a fish, fjällröding, and I had deer. Amazing taste, where you could really taste all the ingredients. The fish was a new favourite! I had a good glass of red wine for the two courses, which I asked our waiter to select, and he did a good job. Service was impeccable and we felt very welcome and taken care of from start to finish. Definitely recommendable!

Reviewed February 24, 2016

Nice, cozy, un-pretentious atmosphere. Good selection and variation in the dishes from the menu. Even though we only had a two-hour slot we never felt stressed or pushed. Food was wonderful and really tasty. Friendly waiters was also included.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 22, 2016

Very casual but cousy restaurant at the same time. Menu is perfect, not to big and not to small. Very personal feeling and chef Björn is great. He knows how to take care of his guests, but most of all, he knows how to cook. The food is AMAZING and one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. The restaurant is located perfect in the heart of Stockholm but on a street that is not busy at all. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2016