Quality Hotel Globe
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$295
  • Restaurant
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$263
Grand Hotel(Stockholm)
US$320
  • Pool
2,020 results
All reviewsattending an eventcity centrenice hotelbreakfast room istube stationstayed one nighthotel is locatedeasy accesspublic transportbusiness tript bananice roomdouble bedvisit stockholmgamla stantele2conference
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel catered all our needs. Nice welcoming staff at the reception. Fairly large standard twin room. The room was diveded in two parts with sofa and table in one part and two beds close to each other in the other end. Comfortable beds but horrible syntetic pillows. Clean and modern bathroom with heated floor. Furniture otherwise showed signs of wear. But then again what else, people have been staying in the room before, many times... Aircon worked perfectly but was quite loud. You do need to switch in on though.

We attended a show at the globe therefore the location was perfect. Otherwise it´s not in a good part of town. There´s nothing to do in the area. There is a smaller shoppingmall close by but nothing else. Construction work is in progress as the new nationalarena is being built next to the hotel.

Breakfast ok but nothing really exciting. Previous reviews mentioned chaos but we didn´t experience that at all being totally off season. But bare in mind you don´t see into the Globe as they keep curtains closed.

If you´re going to the Globe or have some reason to be in that area, go for it! You´ll get a nice and clean hotel. Location otherwise is too far from downtown and I´m sure you can get a better deal closer to tthe city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the constructionwork if you´re a light sleeper. They will work late at night and early in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sommarcatta
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Soon this will be a great place to stay for games at the new stadium. Being build right across the street there is a lot of construction, but the hotel has done a great job of keeping guests clear of any mess. Right next door is a decent mall with a nice grocery store and if you walk to the train station there is a great Thai restaurant.
The hotel offers free wifi and you have to get a code at the desk. They had no problem giving me an extra code so my Iphone and Computer could both be connected. The internet speed was even better than most that charge you for it.
The bar off the lobby was nice and friendly. Co-workers said the food was really good too, but I at elsewhere.
My room was small and cheap, but it is a Quality hotel. I think that everything else in the hotel was so nice it was not until I got into the room that I realized I was staying at cheaper hotel. My room was very small, but I saw a lot of rooms that had sitting space with a couch. That would have been nice.
I heard the 8th floor restaurant was decent, but that part of the hotel smelled like fish to me and opted to stay away from there.
There is a view of the new stadium from the balcony on the top floor.

I hope this was helpful.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room as small as mine.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank setcarp
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Spent a weekend at the Globe in early October when attending the NY Rangers NHL games at the Globe Arena. We selected this hotel due to the fact that it was so close to the Globe Arena (in fact, the breakfast room overlooks the interior of the Arena).

We had booked a room for 3 and were excited at check-in when they told us we were upgraded to a Junior Suite. If this is a Junior Suite, I would have hated to see what our original room looked like. The room was very cramped, and the bathroom was ridiculously worn, outdated, and broken (tiles falling off the tub enclosure, faucets that didn't function properly, outdated & very worn fixtures - oh, the built in hairdryer was a sight to behold). The room itself was roomy enough for the 3 of us, but the bedroom was quite cramped after adding the rollaway bed to the mix. The second night we were there, the housekeeping staff had neglected to make up our room & I was forced to trek to the front desk at close to midnight to obtain fresh towels for the next morning.

I would not go out of my way to stay at this hotel again - we would have been better off staying at our original hotel the extra couple of nights & using the awesome public transportation in Stockholm to commute. Definitely overpriced for what we experienced.

Room Tip: See if they possibly have an updated/renovated room if you do have to stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank rob24
Reviewed October 8, 2011

In front of the upcoming Arena and touching the Globe theater (the breakfast can be eaten in the VIP loges of the theater) this is a reasonable and comfortable hotel, situated a couple of miles south of the city center. Efficient and friendly staff, nice and animated bar, large parking. The rooms are not very large but well equipped.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Arena
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a perfect hotel when visiting Stockholm for a concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena. Due to a large medical conference, all hotels were occupied. Therefor the price for the room was sky high - 250 EUR. This hotel is NOT worth to pay that amount, but we had no choice. I should say that a more realistic weekend price shoud be 120-150 EUR. The room is well appointed with a nice bed and a sofa with table. It is rather small but OK size. The staff is friendly and the breakfast very good. Parking close to the hotel. If I was going to visit Stockholm for a few days, I should chose another hotel. Both Radisson, Choice and Scandic has hotels better situated than this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family