Stayed for 5 nights with family. The location is excellent - literally a minute away from the focal Stureplan square and Kungsgatan shopping street. We never had to use a taxi to get to any of the central museums, shopping streets, restaurants or the old town - we walked there or took the underground metro from the nearby stop at the Stureplan square.
The staff were helpful, very friendly and very responsive - they upgraded us to a room with separate beds and allowed us to check out late (3pm) on our last day for free. They took all of our endless questions happily.
Our room was spacious, very well lit and with great insulation. The only downside was the bed - on the 3rd night it becomes obvious the mattress isn't of the finest quality, and it starts taking a tittle toll on your back.
The breakfast buffet was super fresh and abundant, with international options and lovely local touches on the menu. Only downside was the somewhat restrictive serving hours (6.30-9.30am) compared to other places we've stayed.
The state of cleaning throughout the hotel was overall satisfactory - with one indescribable vile smell coming from the elevator on a couple of occasions which was a bit weird - most probably due to the cleaning staff using the customer lifts to move around (very) dirty laundry.
The price we paid (a little less than 200 euros per night) was definitely on the expensive site but having spent endless hours trawling on the web, it really doesn't get much better than this unless you want to share your bathroom with strangers in one of Sweden's hostels...
I would happily stay again and do recommend this hotel - it just doesn't get the full 5 stars as I would expect nothing but perfection for the price.
One watch out for miles and more members: you will lose the miles you're entitled to unless you book directly from their website (we booked through booking.com).
One alternative I will look into for our next visit would be the Scandic Hotel Anglais which we were highly recommended - we walked past it, it's one block away from Best Western, looked absolutely fine and can be cheaper if you book in advance.
The only thing where price becomes an issue in Stockholm is the hotel stay, so make sure you do invest in decent accommodation to enjoy properly this stunning city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Hotel offers modern comforts and amenities, set in the Financial and Commercial center of the city; staff is multilingual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Kung Carl, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Stockholm
- Stockholm Best Western