2,583 results
All reviewsmetro stationnice hotelamazing breakfastcity centret centralenold townrooms are smallgamla stanbreakfast buffet isarlanda expressgymsofaunderground
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The best thing about this hotel was the location. It was very close to the underground train and also to shops, so it was easy to get everywhere. The hotel itself was nice, but basic as most European hotels. The rooms were also a bit small, but it was manageable. The staff was very friendly and polite and everyone spoke English. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Stockholm.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have to say the room i stayed was quiet small but still cosy.
the good thing of this hotel is it just next to the MTR station and not far from the center. Itr only took me 10 minutes walk to city hall in the morning.
but I have to admit the it does need some renovation as it really looks a bit old.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I was a little worried with the reviews on tripadvisor and also comments from our tour director about this hotel.

But, we had good luck and got a room in what seems to be a new extension to the building. Our room was good sized - one could walk around the beds just fine & we could even fit both of our suitcases in the closet area by the front door. Other people in our tour group did complain about being difficult to walk around their beds, so their rooms must have been smaller.

Our room was recently renovated - with dark wood floors & dark wood for the desk & built-in closet. There's a very nice black leather chair by the window. There's a large safe in the room. There's free wifi, though you have to get a code from the lobby. An iron and ironing board are in the room - cool. The beds are comfortable with down comforters. There's a flat panel TV facing the beds.

The bathroom is a thing of beauty! Dark stone sink top and gray stone tiles on the floor & walls. There are sliding glass doors separating the bathroom from the bedroom & the toilet from the sink. The shower area is behind a nice glass door. The fittings are modern, including a rain-fall shower head & also a 2nd body shower head. One of the best bathrooms for this level of hotel.

The lighting in the lobby is a little low, but it gives a cool mood with the modern decor.

The only thing that I didn't like was the massive crowds at the breakfast buffet. The food & selection was decent for a large buffet.

The location is so-so in my opinion. It's about 12 minute walk to the main train station. From there it's another 5 minutes to the main shopping streets in the "new" town. From the shopping street, it's another 15 minutes to the "old" town of Gamlan Stan. There's a metro/T-bana station right next to the hotel but we didn't get to use it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidLau
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The rooms were very good, not massive, but very comfortable. The beds were superb. (I am going to purchase a Jensen.) Breakfast has to be seen to be believed. Staff were very good. There is an excellent Italian restaurant just next door. 15 minute walk to the city centre. Tube station right beside the hotel if you are feeling lazy. Lovely city. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Since I live in Stockholm I normally do not stay in hotels here, but when rebuilding our home we used earned hotelpoints for a night away. We choosed amaranten because they had suites available. However large enough to accomodate the whole family, the furniture was "classic" dating (at best) back to the 80's. Also the bathroom was large but the age of the hotel was visible here as well.

On the positive side the hotel is located a short walk from the central station, just a few bocks away from the city hall. Lots a restaurants in the neighbourhood and easy to reach by public transport. Public areas are good, breakfast has everything you can ask for.

I think there is a restauration planned, but until that is finnished there are better hotels available.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family