2,586 results
All reviewsmetro stationnice hotelamazing breakfastcity centret centralenold townrooms are smallgamla stanbreakfast buffet isarlanda expressgymsofaunderground
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hotel is situated on Kungsholmgaten which is about 5 minutes walk from the central station and the entrance to the blue line subway is beside the hotel. Rooms are compact but very comfortable, breakfast is amazing with a huge selection to suit any mood. Nice bar in the main lobby as well as a restaurant (I did not eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment). Very close to plenty of restaurants and bars. Staff were very friendly and helpful, I had a couple of problems with my room which meant I had to move but this was no problem at all. I would recommend one of the larger rooms, especially if you are tall as the "Moderate" rooms feel a bit claustrophobic. Price is a little high but for the centre of Stockholm it was reasonable value.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel. The room was clean, simple, comfortable and quiet. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful. Good selection of hot and cold food for breakfast. I'd have no reservations staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My partner and I were heading up to Stockholm for the Easter break and saw this hotel had an "Easter offer". Normally we stay at Scandic, but decided this offer was worth trying.
Had we paid normal tariff for First Hotel Amaranten it would definitely not have been worth the money. The room we had was cramped and barely any room to walk between the writing desk and the bed. In the shower the water went from normal temperature to extremely hot without warning. We found we were always waiting for elevators which seemed to minds of their own which were not at all logical. The breakfast was wayyyy too crowded - even at 9:30 - 10am. You were forever bumping into people, the staff were trying (but failing) to keep the plates refilled. Juice ran out on both mornings, yoghurt on the first. On our first morning the scrambled eggs has a horrible after-taste. Internet was a joke - it is provided by The Cloud and we were lucky to get on .. and when we did the speeds were just unusable most of the time.

HOWEVER, it was not all bad. The staff at the hotel were friendly and made us feel welcome. The beds were insanely comfortable, so quality of sleep was definitely not an issue. The location of the hotel is literally above a subway entrance. Would we stay again? Not for the everyday tariff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had a terrible stay at Amaranten. The curtains are too small and the sun is in your face as of 7 am. No mini bar. And a continuous noise probably from the airco which is located on the roof.
Unacceptable for the price.
Breakfast is nice. Location nearby the underground is convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank cm1840
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I should start by saying that I got my room at a VERY good price via one of First's 24-hour sales, so watch out for these. Stockholm is expensive, and this place would also have been at full price.

My room was very clean and modern - kind of typically Scandinavian in design with its wooden floor and clean finishes. The room was not huge, but perfectly adequate. I found the bed to be incredibly comfortable. Easy Wifi and a good (and not relatively OK priced bar) were further positives.

The downsides were the lack of coffee/tea facilities or a safe (surely should be at the full-price) and street noise (partly could not be helped - roadworks).

Breakfast was perfectly reasonable but lacking in fresh juices and fruit. It seemed to be quite busy so not the place if you like quiet mornings.

Generally the hotel is well located for the station and business district, and approx 20 minutes stroll to Gamla Stan. I did not use any city transport. I found central Stockholm a tad confusing, so get clear directions before leaving the station!

Room Tip: At the back to avoid street noise - but I did have roadworks so it was an exceptional situation
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo