“The best hotel on our trip”

Ranked #61 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Great hotel, very busy, but quiet, clean well furnished room with the largest pillows we have ever seen! Great choice for breakfast, including omelettes made to order.
Well placed for the city centre (9 minutes walk to main station)

Room Tip: Room looking into inner area of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Clarion_Amaranten, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Gregory!

Thank you very much for your very kind compliments, which I will gladly share with the entire team. It makes us thoroughly happy when our guests enjoyed their stay as much as you did. Feedback like yours motivates us to live the Clarion Hotel Amaranten spirit and give our best every single day.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Stockholm, hopefully very soon.
And yes, it is the biggest pillows you will ever see ;)

Clarion Hotel Amaranten

Write a ReviewReviews (2,374)

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Staying here for a single night. Came in late.
Great bar, awesome restaurant. Hyggelige decorations and ambience.
Just about the nicest half English half Swedish waitress I've ever crossed paths with. Excellent food. Excellent recommendations. This will be my new hotel of choice when in Stockholm on business or leisure for that matter. Haven't even gone to my room yet and I'm all excited.
This place comes with my highest recommendation and I'm not easily pleased at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Clarion_Amaranten, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Thomas

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback.
I am so glad to hear that you had a great time at our place and that you enjoyed the service. I think that the waitress that was serving you was Sofia, she is amazing, glad that you got the opportunity to meet her.

I would be so happy to see you here soon again, and again and again.
Best Regards

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I booked a "standard" room only to find out that the room itself was ca 7 m2. Only suitable for 1 person, nowhere really to put a suitcase and not a space you'd want to spend a lot of time in. On top of this the standard rooms are all on lower floors facing the (busy) street. The airconditioning in my room was poor and lacked any fan capability, plus since the hotel has one of those nifty things that you have to put your key card in to get any electricity (and any AC). Sicne my room had been in the sun all day it eventually cooled down around 5 am and I could get a couple of hours sleep. If you are going to book here try one of the superduperextradeluxe rooms instead. facing the courtyard if you are a light sleeper. Otherwise full marks to clarion on their renovation. fresh and clean room. if you like an indian meal, you are also just across the road from the unassuming saffran restaurant - one stockholms best indias.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Grillt,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your most recent stay at Clarion Hotel Amaranten.

I am very sorry that you did not had the stay that you nor I would like you to have.
I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the booking and the information about the rooms. Our small single rooms is open to book for 2 people, these are 11-15 m2, our standard double rooms are 18-20m2, them both can be found from floor 1 up to level 6. I do not know how you receive the other information about the rooms but it is very dreary for me to hear that something went wrong and if we did not offer you a room higher up the building.

Please let me know if you are coming back to the hotel, then I want to make sure that you get a big room and a room facing the garden if requested.

Hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back here soon again.
Have a great day!

Kind Regards
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Amaranten is an awesome hotel. you cant go above that. The service is excellent the only thing I was not happy about was the carpet in the hall way as it smelled stale. That takes away the glamour of the hotel.
Floor 4 to be exact.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Clarion_Amaranten, Receptionschef at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback, we´re very happy to hear that you liked our hotel and hope that you will visit us again soon! We will make sure to take this with our maintenance team and see to it that it will be cleaned properly!

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

PROS:
Clean and modern hotel.
Friendly front desk staff.
Delicious buffet breakfast.
Very quiet, and comfortable beds for a great night's sleep.

CONS:
Room was not serviced after day one, and on the second day we had to ask twice to have it cleaned. Even then it was not adequately cleaned (bath not wiped down, amenities not refilled, tissue box left empty for entirety of our stay etc).
Very cheap 1 ply toilet paper throughout the hotel - not good enough for a hotel of this calibre.
Room amenities low standard - no safe in room, weak hairdryer.

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early on weekends - it's a busy place!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi mate!

I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the cleaning. I do not know what has happened regarding the cleaning of your room but I am sorry and I will see with the housekeeping manager why the outcome was that it was.

I am very happy to hear that you liked our interior, beds, breakfast and staff that makes me amazingly happy!
Have a great day and enjoy the rest of your travel. I hope that there will be a new account - AussieTraveller2018 and that we get the opportunity to host does guys.

Kind Regards
Guest Relation Manger

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Love this hotel. Good location, updated rooms, clean and quiet. Was able to block out the Nordic bright nights completely.
Breakfast is crowded and not the best but the rest of the hotel is great. Friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the breakfast, we will make sure to do everything that we can to make it better until next time you visit. I´m very happy yo hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope that you will be back soon!:)

Reviewed 5 June 2017

The experience of the hotel was good, although I am left with the feeling that this hotel aims to be more than what it is. The bathroom was dusty and there were soap missing. Its small things, but you expect them to be in place when you pay a relatively high price for the room.

With that said, the beds were excellent (if you prefer a slightly soft bed) and the breakfast had a very good selection as was refilled and never ran out of food.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Thank you so much for your feedback!
We apologize that the cleaning wasn't up to part and will make sure that the information will be passed on to the housekeeping department and better ourselves until next time.

Hope to see you again soon - and again, thank you so much for your feedback!