3,359 results
All reviews skanstull metro station big hotel modern hotel gamla stan business trip t bana old town breakfast buffet t centralen single room small room standard room city centre yogurt stops sodermalm conference
Reviewed June 12, 2016

This was an en route stop over in a lovely hotel clean, tidy during a Scandinavian tour. Food as you would expect from a 4 star hotel, Stockholm is a beautiful city fill of history, terrific arctitecture lots going on everywhere you look, well worth a visit.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Björn C, Hotelldirektör at Clarion Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Reviewed June 9, 2016

Staying just one night on a business trip, I got to the hotel late and wanted to have a beer at the bar and a nice meal. However, neither the bar or the restaurants were open. They advised me to take a walk down the street and find a restaurant. The hotel in not in the middle of the city. I'm hoping that the bars and restaurants were closed due to complete renovation as the hotel badly needs this.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Hello

Thank you for your review, I am so sorry you are not satisfied with our delivery. We will use your feedback to improve our delivery.

Reviewed June 9, 2016

Room tip: make sure you don't have the smallest double room!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Reviewed June 8, 2016

Enjoyed a couple days stay at the Clarion in Stockholm. The front desk people were very friendly and nearly native English speakers. The rooms were clean but short on towels and just had dispensers for soap/body wash/shampoo. Strangely no room safes for your cameras and other loose items of some value were in the rooms.

The property seems very quiet but when you get to breakfast you see they have a lot of people staying there. The breakfast included is very good and the people serving were very responsive. Overall good experience but they need to get safes in the rooms at a minimum for business travelers.

Reviewed June 7, 2016

I love Stockholm and I particularly love the Södermalm district. When choosing the area and the hotel for a 2-week business trip it didn't take me too long to figure out where to stay. Hotel Stockholm was an excellent choice. First, the location: it's on the southern end of Södermalm, next to a metro station (Skanstull) which means it takes about 10 (metro) to 30 (walking) min to reach downtown Stockholm. The hotel sits on top of a highway and you can watch the morning traffic (and the Globen arena) from the breakfast room! There's a small mall (Ringen) including a grocery store on the opposite side of Ringvägen. If you're into serious shopping there are a lot of shops along the street leading north from the hotel (Götgatan) but whenever I'm in Stockholm I rarely find what I'm looking for in Södermalm. As for eating, well, there are so many good restaurants in the neighborhood there really wasn't any point in eating at the hotel, apart from the wonderful and plentiful breakfast, that is. I did have one lunch at the hotel's small restaurant but let's just say that undercooked salmon with a stack of rice with no veggies isn't exactly something I was looking for. I did mention about this to the waitress and got a free coffee. Apparently there will be an Latin American restaurant opening quite soon at the hotel, hopefully the food's better in this eatery.
My room was of average Scandinavian style and quality - nothing special and could have been a little larger at least when two people share the room. I had to work in the room quite a bit and I don't want to be disturbed when I work - because of this my room wasn't cleaned up at all for a couple of times even if I hung the "green sign" on the door when leaving for dinner or other business. The other thing I should mention is the bed. Yes, a LOT of pillows but the mattress turned out to be way too soft for me. My back and neck kept hurting for quite a while afterwards. Although I heard some complaints about the air conditioning or the wi-fi, I didn't have any trouble with either.
There's a spa in the hotel I didn't have time to visit, unfortunately. However, I did visit the gym many times and although not very large one, it's still one of the best hotel gyms I've been to. The equipment is in great condition and the view from the gym is nice. Don't bother going to the gym in an sunny afternoon though, it can get quite hot! You can go jogging or walking in the nearby park by the water instead, or why not try the excellent Erikdahlsbadet swimming hall 100m from the hotel.
The staff: great. Very friendly and helpful. Thanks guys!
I know I will return to Södermalm and Clarion Hotel Stockholm, hopefully very soon!

Room tip: I was on the fifth floor but I'd go for 7th or 8th for nicer view.
Date of stay: May 2016