“Very friendly people and tasty food. Highly recommended”
Review of Il Buttero

Il Buttero
Ranked #72 of 3,394 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Barbecue, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I am eating in this restaurant once a month and dancing in their basement a Brazilian dance that called forró.
The restaurant is located in the old town, buildings that have been standing for centuries.
Dancing and eating in such restaurant is an amazing experience

Reviewed September 24, 2017

With you friends, we decided to visit this restaurant for a Dinner experience.
Being a vegetarian, I ordered for a small portion of a ''veggie'' pizza.
I was served one. Half way through the Pizza, I was made aware by a friend that content tasted more of meat than a veggie.

On questioning the staff as to how I could be served such, people could be allergic to a diet, leading to serious health issues - I was bluntly told by the restaurant staff, and I quote ''Aeroplanes crash, people die, mistakes happen - All we can be is sorry''
I was shocked at their response, told them they could loose their restaurant licence for being such an ignorant to food preference - I was told to do whatever I wanted.

In such a age of customer priority, I was utterly shocked at the attitude of such restaurants towards their patron and the tone at which they communicate and the way they take things this lightly.

TOTALLY NOT RECOMMENDED - Rather go hungry than ever eat here.

1  Thank Anand S
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I returned to Il Buttero with a certain expectation, but I was disappointed. No atmosphere, underwhelming service and a menu that has a limited number of very special Italian specialities. A shame because my recolection was that of a bustling place with lots of good food in a great variety. The remaining advantage is that is in one of the quieter parts of Gamla Stan so you are not having to move around with hordes of tourists.

1  Thank robert_bos53
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I ordered three small plates as my main, they were inventive sounding, but we're actually a bit bland. Service was good, atmosphere was nice, but food was just uninspiring.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We had been warned by friends that food in Gamla Stan is not great, but we were tired and this place had a table. It is very tightly packed in and quite uncomfortable as waiters and people squeeze by, but I thought oh thats ok it gives it a cosy atmosphere. I ordered fettucine al Ragu but it was one of the most horrible things I've ever eaten. I actually couldnt eat it and left it there and we left pretty quickly - I went to pay for the bill and they asked if I wanted a doggie bag as I hadnt eaten it, I felt bad but told them sorry but that was really not a very nice meal. I would have thought they would say sorry or give a reduction but no. Cant imagine paying $35Australian for a plate of badly cooked pasta, but oh well.
Perhaps it had been a bad day, perhaps I have odd taste buds, but i would rate this as one of the worst meals I've ever had.