“Fantastic - it's in the details!”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Fantastic - it's in the details!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The team at the hotel took really great care of me and my colleagues - from my lost (and recovered cell phone), to room service, to helping us with directions. Friendly, prompt and caring.

My room was wonderful - I appreciated the fine furniture - distinctive, modern and comfortable. The view of the water and partial old city was really nice. I loved the fluffy comforter and the quiet. The room size was also unusually large.

Even the hallways delighted with the solid wood door frames and smart, modern carpeting.

Hotel is located quite near to the train station for easy city transit. I did, however, find the city quite walkable from this central location.

Globally, Sheraton is such a different brand than in the US. I appreciate all that Sheraton did to make the visit to Stockholm a special one. I loved that I didn't feel like I was booked into a chain hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MK1Chicago_IL
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear MKChicago_IL,

How nice to hear that you and your colleagues felt very good taken care of during your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
I am very happy for all the nice feedback and especially glad that you mention the carpets, as these are recently put in on all floors. We are very proud of the look and the quality, which we expect to last for a long time.

I wish you warm welcome back and assure you that the next time will also be a special one where we will take good care of you. Should you or anyone from your party have anything else you would like to share with us please feel free to contact me directly.

Paul Peters, General Manager

PS. I am happy that we managed to recover your cell phone – it is never fun to loose things that are important to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
kent
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We have just come back from a 4 day break in Stockholm and LOVED the Sheraton Stockholm! We were upgraded to a room on the 8th floor with a balcony and the views were stunning! As it was my partners birthday we were given a bottle of champagne and a card which was SUCH a lovely touch and really appreciated!
The view from the balcony was breathtaking!
The hotel really couldn't be in a better position! The Old town (Gamla Stan) is across the bridge and you can easily walk to all of the best areas, it is all right outside your door!

We got a steam boat to the archipelago which i highly recommend and walked to the tv tower which has amazing views (although the walk is long yet beautiful)

Stockholm is a great city to explore as it is so compact and the islands are gorgeous!

Pick the Sheraton for sure as it is so central and you wont regret it! The staff are kind and attentive and the free wifi at the bar is great too, as is the breakfast and food!
a definite 10/10 thankyou sheraton for making our trip so memorable :)

we won't forget that stunning view in a long time!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KentLucy
España
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My family(2 adults plus two children ages 6&10) spent three nights in Stockholm in Sheraton hotel. Everything was simply perfect. Room are very spacious (for european standarts) with two queen beds, a couple of armchairs and a service table. Bathroom was likewise the rest of the room modern, nice decorated and really very clean.
The hotel is perfectly located: two minutes walking from the station (5 minutes to the Arlanda Express train station to the airport) and 10 minutes walking distance to both the Old City and the commercial zone and you only have to cross the street to be in the Town Hall. Simply unbeatable location.
Finally, staff is very frienly and helpfull, particullarly Captain bell, Francisco Guerrero, he always has the best tips with a smile.
Definetivelly five stars hotel in all aspects particularly travelling with kids.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fauk
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you chose us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel for your recent family visit to Stockholm!

From your feedback I can see that you had a memorable stay and I appreciate your warm and sincere review.
The room where you stayed, which have two queen size beds is excellent for a family of four and also, as you mention it is quite spacious with a seating area. I have forwarded your nice comments to my colleagues and especially Francisco sends his best regards and a big personal thank you to you!

We hope to see you in the future again and until we do I wish you all the best.

memphis
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Quick and efficient check-in.Clean and comfortable room.Bar service was excellent, great cocktails 'shaken' by Demitris.Restaurant was surprisingly good compared to other hotels.Breakfast buffet was very good.Personnel were extremely professional and friendly, compliments to Demitris van Maaren.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TravellerAmerica
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It pleases me to hear that you had a good time during your visit, and I have shared your wonderful comments with my team - especially with our valued team member Demitris.

I hope you will have the possibility to returning to us some time in the near future.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Paul Peters
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

A great location, right in the heart of Stockholm. On arrival, check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was great - one of the best hotel breakfast's I have ever had. The choice seemed unlimited. We took the opportunity to explore Stockholm from this base and would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynsey C
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Lynsey C,

Thank you for updating us and the users of Trip Advisor on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel in February. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable visit and that we managed to fulfill your expectations.

For a city visit I believe that our hotel is conveniently situated in the middle of Stockholm, and it is easy to reach many of the most interesting and important attractions that the city offers.

You are more than welcome to stay with us again and we already look forward to your next visit! If there is anything I can do for you – please feel free to let me know.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have always felt very welcome. The big welcome and great service from the employees makes you feel home. The standard of the rooms a very high and the cleaning service are such a big help if anything is needed. Room service were very helpful when the internet failed. The bathroom is very nice.
I have used the hotel restaurant many times every time a visit and the food and service are very good also compared to the price level.

I would recommend this hotel for both business trips and vacation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jacob B
Dear Jacob B,

Thank you very much for your warming words!
It makes me so happy to read your feedback and hear of the great times you have here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel. It is very rewarding and inspiring to my team and me, and rest assured that I have shared your nice feedback with everyone.

I hope you will soon be ready for a new visit, so we can once again offer you the genuine Sheraton experience.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is my third stay here. I like this hotel. It's good value for the quality given how pricey Nordic hotels can be. I had a great room on 6th floor. Staff v friendly, again not a given in Scandanavia. Walking distance from both Old Town - Gamle stan - and train station for quick airport access. A colleague raved about the gym and that it was open 24/7 with complimentary fruit and water. The hotel bar is lively and busy which is nice as some can be a bit sterile. Breakfast is good but a bit greasy. Serving bananas would be a plus. I would stay here again and definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank gilesnorman
Dear gilesnorman,

Thank you for the nice feedback. It is simply great to hear that you like us a lot and that you found good value for the high quality we offer our guests.
Or team is one of our most important resources and every time I hear or read that we manage to exceed our guests expectations it really warms my heart!

Regarding the breakfast I will check and update our breakfast team to keep an extra look. And; next time you come I will make sure we offer you any fruit you prefer, also bananas.

I hope you will have a chance to come back to Stockholm soon!

All the best and warm regards,