“Fresh and good food, but I was not impressed by the place itself”
Review of Sushi Sho

Sushi Sho
Ranked #26 of 3,472 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Reviewed November 10, 2016

My boyfriend and I are truly sushi lovers, so since we moved to Stockholm and we heard about this place we could not wait to try it. To start with, our expectations got higher when we tried to book 'a table' (there are no tables at this restaurant) and we finally managed to get one for 2 people 3-4 weeks prior to the actual day. You can choose between the bar or a sofa by the window. We did not manage to sit by the bar as it was already fully booked, but in the end the sofa was more comfy and cosy than sitting by the bar.

I have to say that the place itself was not up to my standards, I was expecting something 'fancier', in my opinion the place was a bit dull and def not cosy. But in the other hand the service was great!! Very kind, and explanatory and willing to serve with a smile :)

And the most important part, the food. We thought it was GREAT! We enjoyed every single serving from the menu. For example, I love octopus and I thought the texture was perfect. In the end we were really full, but the waiter mentioned that they had some tuna belly that we could have as an extra and we could not resist to try it. The tuna belly nigiri was quite pricey but EXCELLENT.

To be honest it is not my type of restaurant, I do not think I will go back that often, but I would def not mind going back again for the food.

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

If you are sushi lover and want to get some nice sushi in Stockholm, you should definitely give this place a try. Very good quality rice with sophisticated cooking skill, nice choice of the fishes. And very smart business model too. After 8yrs in Sweden, it's my first time found uni on the menu... mmmmm love it so much.

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Sushi Sho really raised the bar for Sushi in Stockholm. Perfect execution and prime ingredients worthy of a place at the top. Especially if one considers the price that was in line with your average respectable dinner place.

Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

I know, stating this to be the best sushi restaurant in Sweden is bold, but to be honest it could absolutly be one of the top sushi restaurants in the world. I had the luxury to actually go eat there several times just before they got their one star, and each time was magnificant. I have had the opportunity to eat at amazing sushi establishments in Tokyo and still I feel that Sushi Sho deliveres at least at the same high standard. For anybody that loves or likes sushi this is the place to experience the next level, enjoy.

Reviewed October 1, 2016

If you can live with the extremely limited space (I did feel like in Japan although none of the chefs were Japanese) this is really a place to go to. The food was excellent, the drinks too, staff very very friendly, I really felt good there, and I was on my own.