“The best”

Cuisines: European, Seafood, Swedish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Norrmalm
Description: Wedholms Fisk has been in its current location by Nybrokajen since 1985. Many of the staff, both amongst the pots and pans as well as amongst the tables, have been there since the doors were first thrown open to the first expectant guests. However, this does mean that time has stood still - the kitchen gleams with newly installed top of the range equipment and an inspiration to keep abreast of developments in food and cuisine.
Reviewed October 15, 2018

The quality of the food, the service, the quiet elegance of the place. I can recommend a visit to Wedholms!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

if you’re looking for upscale seafood, this is your place. tasting menu available until 9 pm, and our reservation was at 9 pm. however, the restaurant has great service and our waitress was wonderful. they split all of our dishes in two so my brother and I could share everything and have our own “tasting menu” experience. we tried the fish soup (good texture and nice flavor with solid chunks of fish and mussels), the lobster/scallop/sole/turbot in champagne sauce (seafood was perfectly cooked and the sauce is French inspired and phenomenal, creamy), then grilled monkfish (olives, tomatoes, pepper, and croutons provided a good balance of crunch, saltiness, and sweetness for the excellently cooked monkfish, which definitely had a similar feel to lobster and was cooked just right). the champagne sauce seafood dish came with a side of white rice which was perfect vessel for sopping up the champagne sauce, tasted like risotto. the monkfish came with boiled potatoes which again were plain but good for accompanying our flavorful dish. our waitress recommended the dessert that comes as part of the tasting menu (chocolate creme brulee was truly delicious, as was the pineapple with ice cream) so we could try a few options. truthfully, for two people we would recommend having one appetizer to share, then one main dish to share, and ending with the tasting menu dessert. two entrees was just two much (the main course portions were large), and we struggled to finish. ask for the 25 CL of wine - our waitress kept the bottle chilled by our table and it felt like she never stopped pouring, kept on flowing throughout the meal and totally worth it! so much so that at some point my brother asked if I had mistakenly ordered a bottle of rose. service was very friendly and we got some good recommendations. we closed out the restaurant and didn’t feel rushed at any point in the night. plan on an evening of enjoyment and take the time to soak in every minute of deliciousness.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

My family decided to celebrate my dad's birthday somewhere special while we were visiting Stockholm on holiday, and so we booked a table at Wedholms Fisk!

We were greeted warmly by staff and led to a spacious 4 person table before being given menus to look at. The menu is both in Swedish and English. As expected, the restaurant atmosphere is relaxed and there wasn't any pretentiousness. Staff were patient with us, and answered any questions we had about the different type of fish dishes and their recommendations. In the end I decided on the turbot gratinated with parmesan cheese, scallops and Champagne sauce. It was really delicious- the fish and scallops were fresh (as expected) and done in a way that the distinct flavour of the seafood wasn't lost despite the accompanying sauce. The dish also came with some rice.

Of course, it wouldn't have been a proper birthday dinner without dessert! There's a substantial list of dessert wines available, but I decided to go with the flambéed pineapple in Cognac with pecan nuts and a browned butter ice cream for a definite sweet ending to the night.

Thank you to the lovely staff for taking care of my family's special dinner tonight!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Joyce_7t
Reviewed October 6, 2018

....and got placed between the Restaurant and the reception in the little hall. We weren't amused as you can imagine and asked for a table in the restaurant. We almost were ready to leave when finally we got a table after 20 minutes waiting and drinking an Aperitive. God thanks we didn't leave! We got another charming waiter, have chosen the food and wine....and then the first court, wow! What portions! The Scallops with King Crab for my spouse and the Salmon Tartar with Salmon Eggs for me - very good but to be able to eat as well the main court you need to be really hungry! As the main court, we ordered the Scampi with Curry and the Dover Sole with Mushrooms and Potatoes. As you can already imagine, we were not able to eat everything. I focused on my Dover Sole and managed to eat the whole fish, 1/3 of the delicious mushrooms and 1 potato out of about 10 served. And then the charming Girl really convinced us to order as well the dessert. What a sales job, Berries are available only in fall and only up in the north blablabla - but as I said, brilliant job! And the dessert was really good as well - but be prepared that you have someone else who lay down next to you in bed - YOUR BELLY!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

A traditional restaurant as regards the design and first impression but....the food is absolutely a dream come true for fish lovers. What I would like to recommend is the Sole grillé with sauce béarnaise. Sounds like a steak menu but I guarantee - it’s a dish to dye for! There are of course many other extraordinary dishes but this is my favourite.
Bon apetite!