All reviews sparkling water coffee machine street side twin beds city centre self service breakfast room single room botanical gardens perfect location nice room university cathedral wifi desk microwave sweden
Reviewed July 21, 2018

There are many nice things about this hotel for a short stay: good location close to cathedral, cheerful self-service breakfast room, friendly staff, and nice little sitting rooms with views onto the city.

As other reviewers have said, there is really not much in the rooms (no tissues, no glasses for water or toothbrush, no minibar). You can buy some of these things at the reception.

The main problem was with the room. I had a garret room on the 4th floor, which was very claustrophobic - low ceiling, windowless bathroom, and a tiny half-moon window in the main room. This had no curtain, so the room was very light in the Scandinavian summer nights. The window also didn't open more than three inches. I was there in a heatwave, and despite an electric fan being provided, the room was really unbearably hot. It was impossible to be in during the day, and virtually impossible to sleep at night. The staff did eventually move me when I requested, but I would highly recommend avoiding rooms on the top floor if booking. I found this room pretty, but in also pretty much uninhabitable.

Room Tip: Avoid top floor
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Helena H, Chef at Akademihotellet, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to us. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the room. This summer has been extreme when it comes to the warm weather conditions and this affect our hotel building unfortunately. We will see to the facilities in the room you stayed in. Our hotel offers different room types and hopefully you will find a room that will meet your expectations next time you visit us.

Welcome back!

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

The Akademi Hotel is everything you would want in a very pleasant Swedish city: clean, simple, friendly & comfortable. I stayed for 4 nights over midsummer & had a very relaxed time. Breakfast is typically Swedish; natural yoghurt, superb coffee & fresh fruits & breads. The staff are friendly & helpful. My room was clean & very comfortable. A short walk to the botanical gardens or the river & a multitude of restaurants. A nice pub just around the corner. My only regret is not spending enough time saying ‘tack’ when I left!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon again. Welcome back!

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. It had basic amenities. The location was very nice right near the university and I had a lovely view of the cathedral. There was a nice breakfast in the morning and helpful staff. There was a nice sitting area outside. No AC but it was comfortable. Good value.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I was booked into this hotel by the university. First impressions were good - it is situated beside the cathedral and the staff were cheerful and welcoming. The room was small with narrow twin beds, but clean and there was a safe in the wardrobe. Wifi was free and efficient. Refreshments were available 24/7 in the dining room, and included coffee, tea, biscuits and fruit. Breakfast was buffet-style, with a generous display of everything you could want. Really good value.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has all what I needed. The room is spacey and close to Uppsala University. The room is clean. The breakfast is great and the availability of coffee and tea 24/7 is very convenient. The staff are all fabulous and welcoming! I felt like home. A highly recommended hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Helena H, Chef at Akademihotellet, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Dear Hanan M,

Thank you for staying with us at Akademihotellet. We are delighted to read your review and we are so glad you appreciated our hotel, the location and our staff. We hope to see you soon again. Welcome back!