See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 13, 2015

The beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was decent. The staff friendly, but that was about it. The rooms very small and desperately overdue for renovation. Don't expect to see yourself in the bathroom mirror as it is pitted and spotted. Nor was the bathroom very clean. English signs had errors such as wrong hours for free parking and breakfast. The pillows on the bed were small and more decorative than comfortable. Beautiful view over Linnés garden in a relatively quiet neighborhood still close to the city center. Odd smells throughout the public areas.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Linn S, Front Office Manager at First Hotel Linne, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments about our staff and breakfast. I am terrible sorry to hear that your visit wasn't what you'd expected. Please contact us if you're planning to visit Uppsala again. We will make sure to do our best to give you a more pleasant stay. Have a nice day!

Reviewed December 12, 2015

Good location of the hotel. Cosy, clean and quiet rooms. Very kind and helpful staff. Good restaurant and tasty food. Wonderful stay. Everything was perfect.Thank you.I will recommend the hotel to my friends.

Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com

Thank you so much for your kind review. It's lovely to hear that you had a pleasant visit and we wish to welcome you back to our hotel soon. Have a nice day!

Reviewed December 7, 2015

I will only stay here because my company has contract with First Class Hotel, I will never stay here when I travel as a private traveller. The room was simple, which is ok, if you pay 600 SEK per night, not 1000 SEK per night.

Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Please contact me if you want to give us another chance. I will make sure to give you a free upgrade and a nice compensation. Have a nice day! Best regards, Linn, Front Office Manager at First Hotel Linné

Reviewed November 16, 2015

Everything was good but there was a problem with a smell of drains in the bathroom. I reported it next morning but there was still a bad smell, even in the room. On the third night I was moved to another room and that also had a problem with the drains - when I used the shower the water did not run away and made a puddle on the floor.

In both rooms the bathrooms were a let-down.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com

Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you took the time to evaluate us. I am sorry to hear that there was some trouble with the shower and the drains while you were staying with us. I will make sure to bring it up with the manager in charge. We wish to welcome you back to our hotel another time!

Reviewed November 7, 2015

The rooms don't provide high value in their very core functions. No queen size bed, also superior room puts two single beds together. I learned that after upgrading my room at check in because the regular room is a twin bed room. I mentioned exactly that fact and was suggested an upgrade which turns out to be the same just the beds are closer together. What a joke and misinformation. No power socket at the bed to charge phone on nightdesk. Bathtub/shower situation is a complicated leaking mess. On the other hand sink and mirror provide plenty of space which is good. The Hotel is ok but clearly not yet in the present of 2015 in terms of rooms ans service. I saw a live band leaving the hotel at midnight when I came back to the hotel. What do I need a live band when rooms and service are not at their game. Clearly First Hotel lives because of the local market alternatives and location. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to waste a lot of money on the wrong things.

Date of stay: November 2015