“Great staff, convenient location”

Best Western Hotel Svava
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Uppsala
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for five nights. The staff was really welcoming and helpful without being to much. It was really something extra, great! The room I got was a standard room with a nice bed and large tv (for being a hotel). The breakfast had everything that I expect from a hotel of this class. The quality of the different food and drinks was however over my expectations (Brämhults orange juice to namn om example). I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Eva R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Svava, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear F K,
Thank you for taking your time to answer the guestsurvey.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Best Western Hotel Svava.
Hope to see you here soon again at your next visit to Uppsala.

Eva Åhlander

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The room was OK, the hotel is very close to the station. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is nothing special (it is advertised together with a top swedish chef - not something that I noticed in the selection, except for an avocado salad and the heerings). On the service side: the web page mentions ironing boards and irons in every room - mine had none so I asked the reception. They gave me the door code to an ironing room in the opposite part of the hotel where I could either bring my shirts or iron them - or I could carry a board and an iron to my room myself.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Eva R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Svava, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

I'm glad you had a nice overnight stay with us.

I am sorry if it says on any bookingpage that we have an iron and ironing board in all of our rooms. These we took away when we renovated last year and we had hoped that all booking channels had removed that information.

Hope we get the pleasure of seeing you here with us on your next visit to Uppsala.

Eva Åhlander

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My family and friends stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding in Uppsala. The hotel was great- we were all very comfortable and slept well. Excellent rooms. Friendly staff. Delicious breakfast. Great location close to restaurants and transportation. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Eva R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Svava, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Eva,

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us.

I hope to see you here again!

Eva Åhlander / Front desk manager

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days, the staff was friendly and helpful, it was clean and very well located across the road from the train station. We found it very convenient to have a small supermarket right next to the hotel. We did not have a mini fridge in our room which made it difficult to store milk for our little son. Otherwise we really enjoyed our stay

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is a terrific little hotel. The room was large and very comfortable (love the wallpaper feature of a full-size fireplace - very cozy), and it had the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. I haven't slept so well in years - I wish I could have stayed longer. There is tea/coffee in the room, and breakfast is included. The breakfast room is nice and sunny, and there is a wide selection of hot and cold food. There is no restaurant in the hotel - just breakfast - but there is a small bar downstairs by reception, with complementary coffee, tea, and biscuits. There's also an actual computer in the lobby, which is handy. Nice staff, too. The Svava is across the street from the main station, and despite facing a fairly busy street, the rooms are very quiet. It's next to an indoor shopping area complete with supermarket, so snacks are close at hand. I've stayed in the Radisson and the Park Inn, and the Svava beats them both for comfort and value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts for a quiet night.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Great location in Uppsala city center. near to Train and bus station. clean and comfortable place. absolutely amazing breakfast, honestly one of the best breakfast I've tried in hotels. overall good experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Svava is located very centrally, just one block from railway and bus station. Parking is possible around the corner in a private parking garage, from where you could enter the hotel without going outdoors. Very friendly service. Buffet breakfast quite adequate, nothing to praise though. General cleanliness was flawless, but....BUT...at least some of the double rooms are really, really small! There was no other place to open your luggage than the bed. There was a stand for small luggage hanging on the wall, but its metal hooks were so low that only a very slim luggage could be placed on it - so absolutely no use at all. The only place for luggage was under the beds. Poor you if you have more than one cabin bag! Have you ever seen a wardrobe broad hardly 25 cm? Ok - if you just spend a night, but very uncomfortable for longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends