All reviewsbus stationcelebrity chefconvenient locationmain stationenjoyed our staystayed for one nightgreat breakfastcentre of townstandard roomsmall roomyogurtbusiness tripnice staffnice hotelbwsupermarketnoise
Reviewed October 14, 2017

The room was OK, the hotel is very close to the station. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is nothing special (it is advertised together with a top swedish chef - not something that I noticed in the selection, except for an avocado salad and the heerings). On the service side: the web page mentions ironing boards and irons in every room - mine had none so I asked the reception. They gave me the door code to an ironing room in the opposite part of the hotel where I could either bring my shirts or iron them - or I could carry a board and an iron to my room myself.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Eva R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Svava, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

I'm glad you had a nice overnight stay with us.

I am sorry if it says on any bookingpage that we have an iron and ironing board in all of our rooms. These we took away when we renovated last year and we had hoped that all booking channels had removed that information.

Hope we get the pleasure of seeing you here with us on your next visit to Uppsala.

Best regards
Eva Åhlander

Reviewed October 13, 2017

My family and friends stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding in Uppsala. The hotel was great- we were all very comfortable and slept well. Excellent rooms. Friendly staff. Delicious breakfast. Great location close to restaurants and transportation. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Eva R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Svava, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Eva,

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us.

I hope to see you here again!

Best regards
Eva Åhlander / Front desk manager

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days, the staff was friendly and helpful, it was clean and very well located across the road from the train station. We found it very convenient to have a small supermarket right next to the hotel. We did not have a mini fridge in our room which made it difficult to store milk for our little son. Otherwise we really enjoyed our stay

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2017

This is a terrific little hotel. The room was large and very comfortable (love the wallpaper feature of a full-size fireplace - very cozy), and it had the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. I haven't slept so well in years - I wish I could have stayed longer. There is tea/coffee in the room, and breakfast is included. The breakfast room is nice and sunny, and there is a wide selection of hot and cold food. There is no restaurant in the hotel - just breakfast - but there is a small bar downstairs by reception, with complementary coffee, tea, and biscuits. There's also an actual computer in the lobby, which is handy. Nice staff, too. The Svava is across the street from the main station, and despite facing a fairly busy street, the rooms are very quiet. It's next to an indoor shopping area complete with supermarket, so snacks are close at hand. I've stayed in the Radisson and the Park Inn, and the Svava beats them both for comfort and value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts for a quiet night.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Great location in Uppsala city center. near to Train and bus station. clean and comfortable place. absolutely amazing breakfast, honestly one of the best breakfast I've tried in hotels. overall good experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business