All reviews ernest hemingway unique decor smoking room themed hotel rooftop bar city centre great hotel cuba cigar havana atmosphere west sweden books sea spa coast
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

The last kind of place at which we expected to stay on Sweden's west coast was at a revolutionary Cuban-themed hotel. Unique decor with posters, books and artwork in every interesting nook and cranny. Rooms were small but neat. The restaurant was large and the food was good, and live music added to the atmosphere. Be sure to pick up your souvenir mask of Fidel on your way out!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2017

Lovely hotell that takes you back to Havanna. The spa is nice and the drinks even better :). A must go for people who has been to and enjoyed lovely Cuba. Tasty food and friendly service. A talking elevator :).

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 1 night for our wedding anniversary. It is a special hotel, very uniquely celebrating Che Guevara and communism. In the afternoon there was a simple but nice scones buffet with coffee/tea.
Then we went to the spa. It's not that big but there is a little pool, whirlpool, saunas and foot baths. Robe and slippers are provided. The tiles are colourful and it looked "old" but that was the style, it was renovated in 2013.
The room was very very small. Ours was, I guess they have different sizes. It was nicely done and did the job for one night but more would have been uncomfortable.
The bathroom was too little. When standing in front of the sink, you were also standing in the shower. When showering, the curtain was so close to your body, it stuck to you. Ans the ehole floor including the toilet was wet. Not very nice.
However, everything was clean and there were this little notes that made you laugh. Looking under the bed to pick up something, there was this note saying, yes we clean here as well. Nice detail!
So if you don't expect modern rooms or luxury, this is a very nice hotel for an unique experience.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2017

Nice hotel with unique decorated rooms. The hotel is inspired of Cuba and Havanna with lots of pictures and interior details from there. Very nice and friendly staff were welcoming me both at arrival, during my stay and at departure. I had a nice and clean room with balcony. The only remark according my taste was the shower compartment which was a very small in my bathroom. However, this was not disturbing me to much but could perhaps annoy others. I felt the overall stay, room and experience very charming.
The hotel also offers hotel guests parking free of charge on the other side of the street from the hotel. The restaurant both for dinner and breakfast was fabulous. Breakfast was according to me better than average hotel breakfast and included into room fee.
For dinner I had the grilled tuna with mango salad which was one of the best tunas I even have had. The portions were rather large among other guests what I could see and I confirm it with my dish. It was large and tasty enough to not order any dessert. Could only fit a nice rum to zip on after dinner. If you are into rum I warmly recommend a visit, they had a huge assortment of rum and cigars.
I can recommend Hotel Havanna, it’s a nice concept hotel with spa and you will be well treated. But leave your luxury hotel expectation and Cuban politics at home and see the charm living in a hotel that dare to be different. I really liked it, go there and try for yourself if you visit Varberg.

Room Tip: Book a room with balcony during summer
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

You would not think there will be a hotel like this at a quintessential Swedish seaside town. Location is just 2 mins walk from the beach or sea front and 5 mins walk from the town centre.
The hotel is Cuban themed but can't hide the Scandic essence of the place. Rooms and the bathroom are tiny but very good noise proofing. Rooms and walls are filled with Cuban themed deco/painting and loads of books. My room had a nice little balcony but no view of the sea. I was on a business trip so didn't get a chance to enjoy the sauna/spa but it looked very nice. The restaurant was good but foods very expensive. They also have a great collection of rum. Seemed like a popular place among the locals as it looked busy in the evenings. Good thing is it's only a short walk to the town centre so plenty of places to eat and get a drink. Overall, it's a good hotel for a short stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business