“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at ....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon Hotel

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Gothenburg
Stuttgart, Germany
“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Great location. Exciting decor. No two rooms are similar. Very trendy. Great service. And I mean every word of it. I travel 90% of my time across Europe and no other hotel I stayed at in this price range (London, Paris, Berlin, Stuttgart, Bristol, Amsterdam, Eindhove, Toulouse, Stvangar, Stockholm, Hamburg, Dusseldorf ...........) has even come close to this in terms of value for money and service. Highly recommended for any one visiting Gothenburg

Room Tip: Choose moderate rooms if you can. Also ask for square view. If you are not content with what you hav...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Lomma, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have been travelling a lot in business all over the world and I have to say, this is one of the best business hotels I have every been on. Fom the service, food, room. All is top notch!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Valle1974
Avalonhotel, Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Valle,

Thank you for your re-view from your stay here at Avalon Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you found your stay with us comfortable. We are looking forward to great you back next time you visit Gothenburg.

Have a nice summer!

Best regards,
Elisabeth Thomson
Hotel Manager
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

We recently stayed in the Avalon. Husband had business meetings nearby & I joined the trip for some sightseeing. We enjoyed our stay.

Room was typical size for hotel rooms in Europe. They had put together two twin beds to makeup our bed. The bathroom was well stocked & the water pressure was good. We noticed after a few days that the floor of the bathroom was heated :-). Room was clean. Fixtures & decor is modern style.

They even had a ice machine a few doors down from us. That's something I don't see a lot of while in Europe.

Breakfast was included. It was buffet style but everything was well spread out so there wasn't that beehive effect you find in other hotels. They had from brownies to salmon for breakfast.

Location. The hotel was centrally located. Just a block or so from the river & a couple of blocks from the cathedrale - both always a good way of orienting yourself in a new place. The hotel is right in the midst of a huge shopping area so plenty of restaurants right outside the door.

The Museum of Art is about a 15min walk from hotel.

I truly dont know if they had a fitness center. I walked a lot while there.

Given the opportunity, I would return to the same hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RobertsMom
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Modern hotel extremely well located in the center of Gothenburg. The staff is very nice and courteous, the breakfast is very good and complete. Rooms are large and well appointed, with clever space saving solutions in the furniture. Well stocked minibar, good tv and bedding, great bathroom.

The bar in the hotel is very nice and modern.

Only points that must be looked at by the hotel in my opinion are:

-Even though the temperature was perfectly set in my room, I didn't find the climate control, which could be annoying for some guests.
-Lighting is very low inside the room, but in the bathroom and shower it is great as it is also dimmerable.
-Called the restaurant on the phone to order dinner but had no answer, it was 8 pm, i decided to eat outside.
-In the morning housekeeping staff keeps all the doors to their service areas open, on my floor I saw 3, which can hinder on the ambiance. You can see washing machines and linen deposits with people working in it.

Overall great hotel for Gothenburg!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank maderpint
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

The location is perfect for shopping, nightlife and great food.
The staff is nice but nothing extra, we asked the Concierge for guestlist and restaurant reservation but the couldn't help. I had hoped for more.
The rooms are nice and with great facilities.
The breakfast area is a bit small and feels crowded. The waitresses are stressed and in a rush by the end of breakfast hours.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Minelli-006
Gothenburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is a veryyyy long overdue review actually from Dec 2010.
Had a great one night stay exploring my own city for my husband's birthday.
Rooms were clean and excellent location. Only downside was we could hear the noise from people partying at a club nearby, we checked in Friday night. Our room was facing "Saluhallen".
Receptionist was courteous enough to ask how our stay was so far when we were about to have breakfast (excelleny breakfast indeed!) so I mentioned about the noise.
She was so sorry to hear that and said we could've asked to be moved to a room higher up but replied we felt it was unnecessary to go through that mess packing and moving since we were only spending the night.
After checking out I left my luggage at the reception since we were going to shop before going home.
When I got home and unpack my bag I found a sorry note from the management and a complimentary soap from Bvlgari.
That's what I call customer care! Way to go Avalon!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank mystiquel
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was a great hotel with great rooms and beds and everything up to standard. The service was great and the location is just great! The breakfast was nothing special they could have had some fresh bread rolls and a better selection of cheese!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo