“Nothing special”

Grande Grill
Ranked #343 of 1,736 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: US$6 - US$33
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Description: Treats from the lava stone grill! Come and enjoy Grande Grill’s laid back and relaxed atmosphere. “Grande” refers to the big portions and “Grill” to the lava stone grill where the steaks and chickens are prepared. Our new menu offers a variety of salads and burgers. Juicy steaks, ribs and chicken portions are big enough to satisfy your hunger. During lunch Grande Grill serves a variety of daily changing portions including a light option. Bands play on the decked terrace in the summer.
Reviewed June 8, 2018

We had a business dinner during our stay in Helsinki. We had steaks and some appetizers. The food was ok, nothing worth mentioning. The steak plate was full with fried potato wedges, I would prefer more steak instead..A good point was that the service was excellent.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

We was there because we are Ribs-Lovers, my Business Partnber and I. In the past years we was in another Mexican Restaurant for the Ribs (but since the owner changed this is not a real good Restaurant anymore).
So my Finnish friend took me to Grande Grill - and this was exaxctly what we are looking for:
- Nice Ribs
- Well cooked - meat was falling from the bone!
- very good, attentively and friendly service
Also the steaks I saw are looking very good and well grilled - but we are the Ribs-Maniacs...

Next time in Helsinki - you can be sure we will be there again!

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to have something to eat after a movie... not fine dining but not 'just' a hamburger and chose Grande Grill in the city center of Helsinki.

Timing was good (6 pm) as there were not many customers at that time.

I chose ribs with sweet potato fries and salad

When I got my portion, I was kind of disappointed to see that the ribs, fries and salad were cover with the sauce. The portion was 'built' on the plate: first fries, then salad, then ribs on top of them and then the bbq sauce on all of them. Everything tasted like bbq sauce, Fries were not crispy. However, the ribs were tender but bones huge. The sauce should be served in a separate cup or put on the side of the plate.... now there were sauce all over the plate.

Service was excellent, interior dull, plain.

Well.... experience once in a life time.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

This restaurant is worth of excellent feedback. The portions are abundant sized and the taste is delicious. Restaurant's fried vegetables of the season are excellent choice for potatoes. I don't know any other restaurant offering such tasty vegetables. I recommend this restaurant for locals and foreign visitors.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I happened to visit this restaurant on an incredibly busy day. Due to this the service I received was rather bad. I didn’t mind having to wait a bit before I got a table. As soon as I got one, I hardly had any time to go through the menu because the waitress kept visiting me to ask what I wanted to order. After ordering, the starter arrived quickly. However, it was not the salad I had ordered. After a short moment and hardly halfway through my salad the main course was served, leaving me no time to finish the salad without the main course getting cold. This left a very bad taste on my experience, as I felt I had to rush my food and get out. The main course I ordered was a hamburger with potato wedges, however, I had instead been given a hamburger with mixed vegetables, so I got the wrong food again.