1,401 results
All reviews finnish design alvar aalto design furniture rock church ironing room single room train station central location short walk breakfast was included booked this hotel private sauna porridge on foot reception staff centre of town public transportation
Reviewed September 13, 2018

Excellent place for a stay, unfortunately we had too little time in Helsinki this time. Good value for money, nice spacious rooms and a lovely bathrobe! Have already recommended it for friends, and will surely stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelHelka, Service Manager at Hotel Helka, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Dear HelkaFriend,

Very nice of you to give us such nice feedback. I hope we will meet again!

Reviewed September 13, 2018

They are very conerned about sustainability and it shows in what they do. Breakfast concentrates on frsh, organic. Have a stated policy of nondiscrimination posted. Short walk to train, trams, buses, ferries.

Dear dmcner893055,

Thank you for the feedback, hpefully we will meet again!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

I wrote in the 'special requests' field that I would like some flowers in my room, since it is my birthday. There was a nice surprise waiting for me at the place - no flowers, but chocolate, small gift and birthday wishes. It was so lovely. Beside that - the breakfast was awesome, the staff friendly and the room super nice.

Dear JolantaDK,

Thank you for your awesome review. See you in a year on your next birthday hopefully.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

The Helka has a great location with easy accessibility from and to the airport. There are nearby train and tram stations to help with getting to know Helsinki and its landmarks.I could have stayed another week....thank you again ......Wilma Loo

Date of stay: August 2018

Hello solara5050,

Thank you for the feedback! I hope you will come back to Helsinki and stay with us a longer time.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

This is a great little independent Nordic hotel. The style is quite sparse but with all your modern elements. Screen sharing available in your room so you watch Netflix+ from your phone on a big screen. Windows open for fresh air. Breakfast was yummy. I tried the vegan coconut and sweet soup one night and it was delicious. Downside was the Sauna only got to 50 1st night and 40 2nd night. Something is wrong with it. No black tea 2nd day. Although small beds, they were quite cozy, I slept well. Overall great little place that I would recommend for a short stay in Helsinki.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Christina W,

We very much appreciate your feedback. Cool that you liked the soup served in our bar, there is nothing better than hot soup on a chilly evening.
I am sorry that the sauna was not hot enough, we are fixing this as we speak. I hope you return and we can offer you a sauna experiece worth remembering.